my xs250

tiko
This post is 3159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Tiko " looking great mate,,, well done,,, I"V always had a soft spot for the USA custom yams [ & LTD kawasaki"s] , i lusted after a XS650 way back in the 1970"s . to expensive tho , and always thot that yams were Under Armed , yeh the whole model range back then, take alook in a 1976 Magazine ,[MCMcanic"s] Yamaha"s biggest offering was the XS650. whiles Kawasaki had the Z900 - H2 triple . Suzuki had GT750 -GS750, Honda Had 750-4 . Yamaha then brought out The XS750 triple shaft, bad seller

never realy exited the market, till RD350 lc ,,, and by that time CB 900 - GS1000- Zed1000, were ongoing , i think the XS1100 apeared then , but yams were chasing there arse back then , I sill was a yam fan tho , :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tiko " looking great mate,,, well done,,, I"V always had a soft spot for the USA custom yams [ & LTD kawasaki"s] , i lusted after a XS650 way back in the 1970"s . to expensive tho , and always thot that yams were Under Armed , yeh the whole model range back then, take alook in a 1976 Magazine ,[MCMcanic"s] Yamaha"s biggest offering was the XS650. whiles Kawasaki had the Z900 - H2 triple . Suzuki had GT750 -GS750, Honda Had 750-4 . Yamaha then brought out The XS750 triple shaft, bad seller

never realy exited the market, till RD350 lc ,,, and by that time CB 900 - GS1000- Zed1000, were ongoing , i think the XS1100 apeared then , but yams were chasing there arse back then , I sill was a yam fan tho , :jossun:

cheers thanks i have always loved the look of the old yams including the xj 650 that me and my stepfather both owned, i even had a suzuki rgv250 which i adored till som git nicked it i have had couple of hondas never owned a kawazaki but my stepftaher had the gtr1000

yep drewpy she up and running took her up the road yesterday didnt realise they were so quick, no not finished yet got to replace front forks rear springs chain gaurd and alot of the rusty bolts and new battery

• 2 weeks later...

well guys due to a big money issue i have had to make the regretful descion to sell my project i really dont want to do this but my hands are tied i have enjoyed getting to know this bike and have fallen in love with it and i can see my self getting another in the future, she is listed on ebay at the min but i do have a reserve on her for whats been paid out for parts and the bike