my xs250

tiko
This post is 3158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well guys few months ago i bought my first xs 250 stood for four years in a barn with seized engine rusty chrome parts and dodgy wiring well i have now managed to unseize engine and have had her running reoplster the seat bought new fron light igntion switch handle bar switchs and clock pans so all coming allong nice will upload a few pics when i get chance to i apoligise for my spelling and grammer as i have a slight dslexia problem

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if it wern't for dislexic people this forum wouldn't exist,so don't go there.

looking forward to the pictures, as i had a true ratted version of the xs200.

mine started out mint then slowly deteriated into an aftermath.

hey tiko, wondered what you were up to, nice you got her going.

my spelling is shite and I don't have dyslexia!

hey tiko, wondered what you were up to, nice you got her going.

my spelling is shite and I don't have dyslexia!

i have slight dyslexia but luckly i remember how to spell it lol but this isnt a topic about dyslexia, well i have the front end up in the air as i took the front end off to clean it up and replace parts souced a guy down south who has stipped his xs250 special so i have bought a load of parts of him, still more to come cant belive how hard it is to find xs250 special parts nightmare or what

• 1 month later...

ok i have been slighty busy not had chance to upload any photos or vids so here we go i have replaced the clock surrounds and tank re upolsterd the seat bought a new tank front light cleaned up front mud gaurd and rear mud gaurd taken of carbs and give a clean of them the engnine we seized when i bought it and starts fine now

IMG00196-20111031-1423.jpg

IMG00199-20111102-1851.jpg

IMG00233-20111116-2149.jpg

IMG00225-20111113-1409.jpg

IMG00314-20120109-1155.jpg

IMG00315-20120109-1156.jpg

IMG00026-20120206-1503.jpg

that looked rough and now its a lot better, well done :thumb:

cheers still need front caliper mine is buggered and a downpipe i have couple of downpipes of an xs250 but they dont match mine at all as mine are 2 into 1 and need some help on the idle mixture issue as doesnt tick over well and popping back through carbs "BUT" when it pops back it comes out the side of the inlet manifold as i found out today but i cant locate these on the net any where

that seat certainly looks a world apart from the old one, well done tiko.

cheers you wouldnt belive me if i told you its the original seat off the bike and yes drewpy them lol although i havent had much look with parts of ebay they dont seem to fit i even bought to downpipes and they wont fit

the 2 in 1 pipes are Motad but for the SE bike part # M24YSE

the inlet part # for the 250 is left inlet 1L9-13586-02, right 1L9-13596-02

google those #'s

cheers you wouldnt belive me if i told you its the original seat off the bike and yes drewpy them lol although i havent had much look with parts of ebay they dont seem to fit i even bought to downpipes and they wont fit

what you done to it, painted it? :biglaugha:

what you done to it, painted it? :biglaugha:

lmao would of certainly been easer but no i found an original seat cover off that well known auction site for 14.99

the 2 in 1 pipes are Motad but for the SE bike part # M24YSE

the inlet part # for the 250 is left inlet 1L9-13586-02, right 1L9-13596-02

google those #'s

thanks drewpy, although i spoke to one guy about the exhaust on there site they said its been discontinued and they have removed it how great is that NOT but i have the codes to work with thanks for them its better than what i had before which means i ave somthing to go on

thanks drewpy, although i spoke to one guy about the exhaust on there site they said its been discontinued and they have removed it how great is that NOT but i have the codes to work with thanks for them its better than what i had before which means i ave somthing to go on

you need to get yourself doen to Stafford in April. Its a Giant bike jumble and I mean giant! you'll bound to find stuff you think you will need :)

you need to get yourself doen to Stafford in April. Its a Giant bike jumble and I mean giant! you'll bound to find stuff you think you will need :)

oooh sounds good any links or dates an address

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online