Royal Star Venture

Mr.Biker
This post is 4312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a reverse gear put on a Royal Star Venture, and if so do you know where it can be purchased. Needed due to accident, would prefer to have it converted than go for a Goldwing or BMW. Preferably in Canada or the USA.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

I know that you can buy reverse kits not sure if they do one or not for your bike. Have you checked with your dealer?

• 7 years later...

I have contacted a m/c shop about two weeks ago who says he has made an electric reverse for the venture. I am to meet him this week to transport my venture to his shop to install. I will know if this is real in approximately three weeks from now. I shall be back to report if this is a scam of if we can finally trike our ventures with 1-2 kits WITH REVERSE!

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to fit a reversing kit to any bike that has a Neutral gear position.

It's usually an electric system and nothing to do with the original drive train, but it's essentially the same thing that Goldies have.