Dt MX electrics HELP

Geoclinton
This post is 4453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi again. there only seems to be 5 wires running from the flywheel magneto. ( Yellow. White/red. Brown. Black. Green/white.)

and 6 going into the CDi box.

Typicaly, the Haynes manual states either 6 wires (extra red) or 3 wires (Green/white. yellow. Black/white and light blue) running frm flywheel magneto...

EH??? WTF?

other than that the loom seems to fit and everything else seems to be there and working ok.

Although i may have worked out why things were not working properly as the frame has been heavily powdercoated, including all the Earth points! think the guy forgot to mask them or blank them off!!! DOH!

XXXX

OOPS

Bloody amateurs!!!!

dont worry, anyone could have made that simple mistake................

................anyone whos A BLOODY AMATEUR. LOL \o/

bless.

ill put the kettle on at about 5ish for ya.

xxx

xxx

Ok, Little update...

so it has a square section swing arm so its consequently a Mk2 MX (6wire Cdi, not 7 as stated in georges previous posts)

thanx all.

XXX

Assumption being the mother of all fuck ups whats the engine number, what side is the oil tank and battery, as the square section arm was a very common upgrade as people who used them hard (fast off road work) would crack them at the shock mount.

oil tank on right.

engine number 10V-005186

frame number:- obscured by powder coating on frame!!!

Wiring anomolies as follows.....

on loom AND lighting switchgear Blue/red wires.... but no Blue/Red wires anywhere on diagram!!!

wires from Generator/stator plate... :-Green/Yellow. Yellow. White/Red. Brown. Wire from Neutral indicator is Light Blue.

6 wires to (and from) CDi. Orange. Black/White. Black. (one Sub-loom)

White/Red. Brown. Black (other sub loom)

and most annoyingly... no red wire to attach the bloomin battery to!!!!! Got the Negative wire but no Live (Positive)!!!!

any ideas?

XXXXXX

10V prefix is a DT125LC prefix, I thiught this thread was about Georges DTMX?

Seconded. Click the picture to expand it. Don't forget Blue is coded as L for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dt125lcmk1wiring.JPG

They are.................................er.....................................slightly different engines but the 10V engine code is an LC number.

IT is about the mx O G but as that bike turned into a 175 now the other engine from the other bike has turned from a mx to a lc by the looks of things.I suppose because they are simple to strip they are simple to swap things over.So back to the thread!!

Would it be easier to take of the magneto from the mx and fit in the lc engine? Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Geo

• Like 1

Ok is there also a possibility that the gearbox has been swapped over as the engine with the 10v prefix does look identical to the mx engine.?????

The LC engine, at least the early ones IS a DT engine. The clutch cover has a water pump in it driven from the oil pump drive thats all. With an electric pump you could put the lc barrel on an ordinary DT175, same stroke and deck height.

That is why i have said before just how easy a engine swap it would be to go lc baring the rad. You wouldn't even need to take the motor out.

There is blue and red wire on the drawing, runs from the main switch to the light switch and the parking light. From the wiring description it sounds like the chassis is a DT175mx (4J4)

HTH

Ahha! is that the light i see at the end ov the DT125/175/175 (replacement engine)MX/LC tunnel.........

Thanx DirtyDT, i think that diagram is the closest im gona get to fix this sickly Hybrid/Mongrel plugger...

Some ov the wires on the bike are different colours to the diagram but i think they actually correspond to whats fitted to the bike (except, i noticed that the LC CDi has 4 wires not 6 but i think that maybe the extra black wires on the MX(?) CDi may just connect to each other (?)

I'll have another look tomorrow and report back, if you dont mind me keeping this thread going, as im going for the record!!!.

...........or maybe, just maybe that light i can see is an oncoming train!!!

Seana

XXX

...........or maybe, just maybe that light i can see is an oncoming train!!!

Seana

XXX

Nope, its somebody with a torch bringing more work......

O G your baffled!!!!!

I just wanted to zip about on a nice little bike taking in the scenery whilst I stop once in while to listen to the birds singing perhaps taking a green lane or two along my merry way

Now i have 1 and a half DT175/125 MXs Ive managed about 25miles riding until the rings blew . Swapped barrels over with much help and gratitude to Seanna.

Managed around 15miles then the leccy went. Then I find out the engine base is a LC All a bit much for someone who hasnt gone near a bike for 25 odd years

So Its not yer age just a lot gone on with me bike.

Cynic Cheers for the info :eusa_shifty: I tried to get some help from where i bought the new loom they guessed at the parking light which didnt exactly fill me with confidence.

Cheers for now

Geo