ACF50, leave it on till spring?

neversaydie
This post is 4528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

sprayed both the bikes last week, are you supposed to leave the stuff on all winter, if you wash the bike do you have to re-apply? (not something I wanna do again in a hurry)

I anticiapte using both bikes all winter

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you just hose em off with cold water too remove the worst of the muck etc then check the ACF and reapply any that may have come off , and yes it can stay on til spring , then give it a god wash then

It's been fine on mine. I apply AC- 50 around October and wash the bike as normal. once it's dry I wipe the ACF-50 rag over all the accesible bits, the less acsessible bits are still covered in the stuff, 'cause it really isn't easy to wash it away. I've come across no problems doing it like this.

People do say spray it on at the begining of winter then don't wash it untill spring, but if you've missed a bit, by spring it's too late.

how does this stuff do on exhausts " does it tarnish them wen boiled off , :headscratch:

Not noticed any tarnishing, I applied to everywhere including chrome. Does tend to spread itself though. Tried to keep well clear of the brake discs pads, but the first time after I rode the Virago, front brake was useless, pads out/discs cleaned and fine now. Some white smoke when the engine/exhausts get hot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online