New Cobra Slip-on for XVS1300

clarke
This post is 4480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got this recently - man its LOUD (not as loud as Midnight61's exhaust though...) approx $305 + £50 VAT & Royal Mail charges, from http://www.sscustomcycle.com/

cobra.jpg

Here it is next to the stock (stock on the bottom)

StockvsCobra.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Eggar, the $305 included shipping ($210.00 exhaust + $95.00 shipping = approx £195.40).

It's really easy to order, but I'd send Shane an email first Contactssc​[email protected]​m just to check he has them in stock (loads of people pre-ordered them), shipping rates etc haven't changed... I ordered through SS Custom's website https://sscustom.startlogic.com/shop/order.shtml, I paid on a credit card which gives more protection than if you use a debit card. I cannot recommend Shane highly enough + have bought from him on numerous occasions.

UK dealers will have you believe that its really hard to order from the US, but it isn't and you can get most things much much cheaper that way (eg I bought the saddlebags for around £600 delivered, whereas they cost £1000 in UK when I bought them). I believe Midnight61 bought an exhaust and fuel processor [delivered] from the US cheaper than what the exhaust alone cost in the UK.

Shane posted it on 04 November, it was in UK Customs on 09 November, cleared customs on 15 November and I collected it on 18 November from a Royal Mail Centre, where I had to pay £38.20 VAT (no import duty) and Royal Mail's £13:50 handleing fee (£51.70).

Hope that helps.

Graham

thanks for that, just one more thing, did you have to fit a fuel processor or did the stock efi unit compensate. i fitted slip ons on my harley with no problems at all even though dealers etc told me i would have to fit a fuel processor like a power commander or similar, cheers, eggar

I haven't fitted a fuel processor & it runs fine (I do have the O2 mod though).

I read on another forum that the onboard processor can compensate for slip-ons, though if you alter the air intake as well then the bike would benefit from a new processor (I haven't touched the air intake...)

thought it should be ok and i wouldn't be messing with the air intake, i'm happy with the basic power, just want a bit more noise ( as you do ), i've drilled the silencer but it isn't enough and the cobra slip on is just what i want at a reasonable price, so time to treat myself for christmass, all the best eggar

• 3 weeks later...

go fo it eggar, i also imported cobra speedster shorts for my 1300 from USA, along with a processor, it was significantly cheaper and was well worth it. But as Graham say's.....they are VERY LOUD. Another purchase from the states that i am very pleased with is in the lower photo, its a air horn called a "pro pad mini beast 5"....1 blast from this bad boy and people think its an articulated lorry behind them, its deafening

DSCF0674.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online