NEC 2011

vic-fzr600
This post is 4504 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is heading to the NEC for the bike show over the next week?

I'm keen to hear peoples reports/Opinions.

All being well, I'll be there next Saturday and I cant wait!

Fingers crossed I don't have a repeat of last years fiasco where we sat on a plane for hours waiting for snow to clear - never did get off the ground :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'll be there on Tuesday, looking forward to it. Travelling up from Weston Super Mare with 3 others, unlike last year when I rode up alone, with my mate following in his car! He was supposed to ride as well but whimped out!.............. it was cold though, snow on the outside lane of the M5! I was bloody freezing, and when I pulled into the free parking sponsored by Yamaha in Hall 1 around 10.00am ther wer only 7 bikes including mine. On my return to my bike after hours of wandering around thawing out, ther were still only 19 bikes although the show was very busy. The weather is rather warmer this year so perhaps this time there will be more show goers on two wheels.

Hi everyone,

Back home after a great trip to the NEC.

Really enjoyed the show, there was so much metal (and some quality flesh) to look at! Some of the custom stuff has to be admired, even if it's not your specific taste.

Also gotta admit that the freestyle motocross show was very enjoyable, those guys have skills - espec the 13 year old german guy!

There was a large amount of food & drink consumed as u may expect :)

Roll on my next trip, maybe Autosport show in January or MCN in February.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sounds good vic " don"t motors Tv Do this show live , at nights , or it this another show am thinkn of :question:

I'm not sure, but I'll be back next year!

Nice display from Yamaha to mark their anniversary. I'll try to get time to post few pics.

Would be a good place for anyone needing gear - plenty of potential bargains (depending on size - typically nothing near my requirements)

Also visited the motorbike museum - f*ck but they've a huge collection!!

it was a good show plenty to be looking at lol, i went on the sunday and had a blast on the yamaha off road experiance, kwikasfucky .......made me smile. a couple of moto gp riders trying to beat the time on the silverstone experiance.....and that crazy 13 year old was insane! all in all a good day.......might bring a proper camera next year and get some girly's to pose for me ;)

Must admit I laughed at some of the punters who confidently swaggered up to try the silverstone experience - then promptly humiliated themselves!!

Kwikasfucki made me grin too!

And I def agree that there was some great eye-candy :)

I rode up with 3 mates, it didn't take us long to get there :eusa_whistle:

Great show, but pretty much the same as last year really, even so we all had a good time. Then a spirited ride home but by the time we got to Micheal wood services it was time to call in for a coffee and a go on the hot air blowers in the bogs. Fully refreshed and somewhat warmer we fired up the bikes, I paddled mine backwards out of the parking bay, but boy was it hard work.......F£%K IT! Rear tyre puncture............Took me another 4 hrs to get home on the back of an RAC truck.

(Note to self.........change wheels from spokes to mags and carry a repair kit!!!!!)

Thats shit news leather"at, are you on tubes ? i carry a can of sealer,

That kwikasfuki your all on about, was it a special kwaker triple ? :eusa_shifty: white/green, Morgan Price has named his special that.. :spin2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online