Kelum
This post is 4522 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drain screw no. 23

remove bottom of carb no.9

Thanks Gemini, I used an online German - Eng dictionary but still confusing.. :D

Also...do I have to drain the gas tank for carb removal? I can unplug those hoses but the fuel would leak then? I think simply removing two hoses coming to petcock from tank would drain the tank? what problems will there be after doing this? I think I have to clean all the hoses, tank vents, petcock, pump and finally carb..first I need to drain the tank for all these..please help

Hm..I drained the tank completely and guess what there was a big lid of a bottle in it :D ..Someone may have dropped it in...there were lot of debris and sediments, rust in the tank..fuel inlets were somewhat blocked...disassembled petcock and fuel pump...some block were there in the petcock..gaskets kinda worn out..added gasket with some instant gasket maker...there were sediments very fine and dark in the fuel pump inlet...cleaned with some tissue...next will get into carb...oh another thing, drained the carb..again gosh there were sediments and water in the bottom of the cup of the drained. There was a pupil of a mosquito too..how come that be? Could water in the carb cause the miss in engine?

the mosquito was keeping an eye on your fuel consumption :eusa_think:

yes water in the carb could cause missfire issues without doubt...fingers crossed

He he ur funny....:D:P

I noticed several things inside, in the fuel cock/pet cock also there was water at front end...and some oxide-like white stuff, probably the metal-water reaction sediment?? was covering holes and fuel pathways...there had been a spring in it too which I didnt notice and it had sprung out I didnt see..later I had to remove it again and put it in..:P..he he

I have seen such white stuff in such metals..cock was blocked hee..

Then inside carb and fuel pump too was sediments which I scraped with a pin and wiped off with a tissue..I covered carb air inlet and throttle end before cleaning outside..

The jets were located and no stuff were blocking them, I blew air in them, first they were hard to undo..I was scared they would break..but correct application of force through a flat fat screw driver undid them...

Hoses were fitted and work is almost done, must fit in fuel tank and hoses to carb, and lets see...working till midnight..its 10 pm now..

Cranking the engine with motor didnt work, was so down, checked carb drain to see if pumps were working, took her outside (12.30am) and after many pushes..here she goes more powerfully...had a ride an misfiring seem to be ok..however still there were some sighs...I think the spark problem still there..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online