And So It Begins,,,,, Mini Bike

2 Wheels
This post is 3730 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a bloody lawnmoor engine :hah:

and will you get a decent camera fer christ sake.

The best of it all Kev is,,,, i have a great camera,,,, i just dont use it,,,,,cause its not handy :lol:

Coming along real nice Pat, you've done a cracking job mate.

Came across this on Ebay, don't know if its any use to you?, or even maybe the site?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MiniMoto-Mini-Moto-Dirt-Bike-METAL-PULLSTART-PULL-START-/380388108142?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6157533499350832645

Coming along real nice Pat, you've done a cracking job mate.

Came across this on Ebay, don't know if its any use to you?, or even maybe the site?.

http://www.ebay.co.u...533499350832645

Hey NEV,,,, aye, i seen them. Ta for looking though.

I also found a website where you can buy every single part for these wee bikes that you want.

I'm thinkin of buying a new exhaust and new plastic's,,,,,, mainly because the plastic's are cheeper to buy than a tin of paint to spray my own ones, but even if i do ill still be giving them the chop to the way i want them.

Lol, not wanting to teach ya ta suck eggs or owt Pat, but arent you doing up bike for a young 'un? new panels.is that wise? probably buy new panels, aye lol ,but bang old ones back on for a couple of weeks at least. it's horrible to see a grown man cry lol

Lol, not wanting to teach ya ta suck eggs or owt Pat, but arent you doing up bike for a young 'un? new panels.is that wise? probably buy new panels, aye lol ,but bang old ones back on for a couple of weeks at least. it's horrible to see a grown man cry lol

I know what ya mean NEV

I'm not actually doing it up for my wee one,,,,, i just deceided i would do it up for the craic,,, dont know why,,,,just didnt want to see it being thrown away.

Whatever i do with it, or whoever gets it im sure all my hard work will be ruined prity quickly by some youngfella going nuts and then dropping it on the street at the front door. But anyway not to worry,,,, while i have it,,it will look good and thats all that matters to me.

Well I reckon a 4ft fishtank, upside down,would make a cheap showcase for it, you got an alcove it would fit in? lol

and what will he do with all them poor fishes, all flapping around in his front room,

NEV; you can be so cruel at times.

Coming along pat,," what you clean the engine with?

Cleaned it with Engine Cleaner (spray can)

a hard tooth-brush

washed it off

sprayed again with engine cleaner

and finally blasted that off with compressor.

Still have a bit of tidying ta do on her.

More pic's in half hour of bike with Bars on and callipers...... she is back-togeather now i suppose just the last few bits left ta do

I moved the kill switch up onto the left handlebar for ease of use !

MiniBars004.jpg

MiniBars002.jpg

MiniBars003.jpg

MiniBars005.jpg

The sun came out yesterday for 10 mins so i took some outside pic's for ye.

MiniOutside007.jpg

MiniOutside008.jpg

MiniOutside009.jpg

better photography pat, not perfect, just better,

i suggest you keep it naked, them old plastics look tacky.

hey morph, my lad had a yamaha pw50, it never broke down and never fell apart :spin2:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its been a while

The engine is now ready to go in, still have to sort out the carb settings,,,, idel and float

Project had come to another stop as was busy at work and then my Mother-in-law took ill,,,, hopefully she will be allright again but she's still in hospital.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online