And So It Begins,,,,, Mini Bike

2 Wheels
This post is 3757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProjectBike12.jpg

Front wheel stripped,,,,,,cleaned arround the bearings,,,,,,,ready to pop them out

ProjectBike8.jpg

ProjectBike23.jpg

Back wheel

ProjectBike13.jpg

That'll keep you busy for a while Pat, be nice to see it shining again and you having some fun on it...you must video it when its done

Sure will Paul,,,,,, tis hard trying to get anything done on it in the evenings,,,,,the wee one takes up most of my time,,she's 6 months now.

Havent a clue how to get video on here but mabey towards the end i will have learnt how by then !

i hope your video's better than your photography pat.i thought i had the wifes glasses on.

on a more complimentry point , you soon got that stripped down ,as i havn't even sorted the indicators on my rev n go yet.

looking forward to the next update mate. :thumb:

i hope your video's better than your photography pat.i thought i had the wifes glasses on.

on a more complimentry point , you soon got that stripped down ,as i havn't even sorted the indicators on my rev n go yet.

looking forward to the next update mate. :thumb:

The pic's are from me phone and they are taken in the conservatory under a shity bulb,,,,, it will continue like this too,,,,i filled my shed with "turff" and logs for the fire, after last years LONG cold spell i wasnt gonna be caught out again. So although the conservatory is a compleat mess at least im nice and warm while messing about with ( mini bike )

Kev,,I have no indicators to sort out :hah:

i hope your video's better than your photography pat.i thought i had the wifes glasses on.........................

Looks in focus to me..................................................................... :unsure:

A good little project 2wheels. I am not sure you are going to get all of your stuff on it for Squires though!!

looks fun Pat, keep the little one away or she'll be putting parts in her mouth :)

don't be cheeky andy, theirs no way she will swallow that frame. :biglaugha:

Some more done !

Broke a stud takin off the rear sproket,,,,,,drilled it out,,,,,,,now cant find my stud extractor,,,,,no dout i've saved it somewhere special

ProjectBike24.jpg

ProjectBike25.jpg

ProjectBike.jpg

ProjectBike9.jpg

ProjectBike10.jpg

Mini Bike's frame and swingarm got de-greased this evening

I'm pulling a mate up on a favor he owes me for a while now,,,,,he's gonna sandblast for me when he gets a chance,,,,Frame, Swingarm and wheels, and probably brake calipers later.

As i wait for this to be done i can get on with other bits,,,,,(eg. stripping,cleaning)

So far,, im enjoyin it,,,its been years since i done any restoration project on a bike.

;)

nice one Pat good to see you enjoying the resto I am too :thumb:

Aye Paul,,,,hope it entertains ye lot for a while. :rolleyes:

Wayhay " you"ve started the little bugger,, :hah: wheres the front sprocket hiding,,[ first piccy] ,,,, ,, & keep the log shed full ,,,it was this time last year,the snow came ,and bid till february,,, :frosty:

Wayhay " you"ve started the little bugger,, :hah: wheres the front sprocket hiding,,[ first piccy] ,,,, ,, & keep the log shed full ,,,it was this time last year,the snow came ,and bid till february,,, :frosty:

Aye John,, pullin the wee bugger apart :crazy:

The front sproket is hiding behind the bit circled in red,,,,,,this is mini bikes gear-box,,,,,(twist an go)

PhoneCamera003-1.jpg

Front caliper

CameraMiniBike003.jpg

Bars stripped,,,,,, after snapping a bolt in the rear wheel i was being carfull not to damage the presious bar clamps,,,,,dont want to be buying new ones !

CameraMiniBike002.jpg

Forks stripped,,,,,,,,almost !!!,,,,,,,, again carfull so i wont have ta buy new top an bottom yokes,,,,,these pieces are small and fragile.

CameraMiniBike004.jpg

I say almost because,,,,,, i dont Yet see any way of taking the stanchions outa the lower legs. I thaught there might be a circlip's or something there when i removed the dust seal,,,,but no. Theres no nut or anything down the inside of the stanchions either. The forks are basic,,,,lower leg, spring, stanchion,,,,,,thats is, no oil or nothing. I just hope the spring wasnt put in as the forks were being made,,then the bottom lugs for the wheel welded on,,,,if this is the case then there is no way inside for me to clean an free things up !!!

Some of the things on this bike are wierd,,,like the forks, and every single nut and bolt has thread-lock on them. Me is a thinkin these bikes werent meant to be takin apart after they were built,,,,,,,,,,,, they prob think people just throw them away when there bored with them...... HA HA,,,,,,, BUT NOT MY MINI BIKE !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online