And So It Begins,,,,, Mini Bike

2 Wheels
This post is 3751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

... and the movie. I can see it now... Pat's pit bike paradise :D

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stainless bolts for engine came today ;)

Miniengbolts018.jpg

The little thumper is in and connected up,,,,, although its not thumping yet.

Enginein005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

She is alive and beating like a Tiger (kitten)

Had no float height setting so i took ages trying and trying and trying to get the ballance right.

The needle height can be adjusted in 3 different places,,,,, needle its-self, top of carb and can be adjusted at handle-bar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this also took ages to sort out.

I have it idling and it takes full throttle without heasitating.

The down side is,,,,, i have done this with the exhaust off,,,,,,so now ill prob have to redo it when the new exhaust comes.

No dought there will be more adjusting to do when i take it for its first spin.

But as she stands now, she is ticking over nicely,,,,,,,,, and very loudly

• 2 months later...

This wee baby is geathering dust now,,, i must get my ass in gear and get her finished.

My vid cam is waiting hard for the fun :hyper:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Whats the story Pat,, did you put it on the long long long finger?? :hyper: Would love to see the finished product.

Just picked up a little pocket bike today off a mate. It wont start so he just wants rid. :crazy: It's in mint condition so i'm loving it. It probably just needs to cleaned out.

Whats the story Pat,, did you put it on the long long long finger?? :hyper: Would love to see the finished product.

Just picked up a little pocket bike today off a mate. It wont start so he just wants rid. :crazy: It's in mint condition so i'm loving it. It probably just needs to cleaned out.

Aye,,,,,,its on the long finger for now,,,,,,,,,but not forgoten about = I will finish it.

On your pocket bike,,,,,,,, look up the exhaust port for piston or rings damage.

Have you a spark ?

Otherwise,,,,,,,,, the carb on these we bikes are very sensitive, set it up right and youre on a winner.

Post a wee pick of it.

• 1 month later...

Pulled mini bike out the day for a look,,,,,,, here be a few pic's

Hopin to start back at her again soon.

PhoneCamJan2013096_zpsfdf83c5b.jpg

PhoneCamJan2013098_zpsec65562b.jpg

PhoneCamJan2013094_zpsbe1edaa4.jpg

Photobucket is SHITE so thats all yere gettin

nice one Pat,

photobucket has been upgraded and just getting the img tags is a PITA and i've told them so

I bought 1 of thoes for my son when he was 4 $100.00 brand new, he rode it for 2 yrs and I sold it for 100.00.Just barely pulled my 175 lbs around. Bought him a pw 50 for $50.00( in a box) way more fun and pulled me around no problem.

great pat " them brakes are probably better than my H2"s, :icon_wink: , hows things over the irish sea,,, :duck:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...