TPFT

markusj
This post is 4525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

I'm after info on third party fire and theft, this evening I came off my bike so want to know if I'm able to claim etc.

Bike riding in wet conditions but not raining, 2 cars pull out of a turning not too far before I get there, a third is edging out, edged out to the point I thought they were going to pull out on me, breaks went on, rear wheel slipped out and bike skidded across the tarmac, me with it.

Woman claims she saw me and wasn't pulling out but had no excuse to edging out when she shouldn't have been, turns out she was a police officer - yeh really should know better.

Damage, the bar thing along the side which I guess is for slides is completely shredded and my rear bodywork has cracked substantially.

Damage to me? Heavy bruising and lots of swelling just below the hip on my thigh. Been checked by A&E.

Thanks folks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First things first - sorry to hear about the off, you'll be stiff as a board tomorrow if my memory serves me well.

Now then, TPFT only covers claims made against you by others (the Third Party). You could try making a claim against her insurance, if you got any details from her, but then you'd have to prove she caused the accident, which would be difficult to say the least as her car is unmarked. Here's the scenario:

Ins company: "So, Ms Dipstick, what happened?"

Ms Dipstick: "I was waiting at the junction to pull out. I saw a motorcycle approaching so held my position. The motorcyclist suddenly hit the brakes, skidded and fell off, I don't know why ...."

Ins company: "Thank you, no claim .... NEXT!"

Time to check out breakers yards and/or learn the art of plastic welding, I'm afraid .... :cry2:

Yeh marko" yer fked mate,,,T.party insurance ain"t worth the paper its printed on, lighter on the back brake :shakeno: ,, , its a shure slide then off ,, in an emergency stop,,

At least your ok , & minimal damage :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online