xt 125 arrow exhaust tuneing issues

Eddie F
This post is 4529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello forum,

I have just fitted an arrow exhaust to my sons 2007 xt 125, I have not removed any thing but the complete system. I had trouble starting it but this has been adjusted by the small brass screw on the right side of the carb, (looking forward) I set it to tick over at 1300 rpm but when i turn the throttle it bogs and cuts out if i don’t come off the throttle. Increases the tick over to 1500 /1550 now the bog is very slight with a quick throttle, slow twist and a bit of slip and off it goes. Seems to pull well up around 8000 rpm with good pick up but there is a slight back fire, big pop. It sounds nice but not sure if it will do any damage. I can’t find the air fuel mixture screw as i think it is running a rich, (or is it?)

Is this the typical for a sports exhaust needing hi revs to give more beans at the top.

Can I, how do i adjust the air fuel mixture? Do I need to put a new jet in it?

All help gratefully received

Eddie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If ya let more air out the exhaust then ya have ta let more air into the engine.

Prob need a bigger main jet,,,,,,then readjust the carb.

Bike is prob running lean now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online