My 1998 XVS650 Dragstar Classic

Campaman
This post is 4552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

23092011203.jpg

23092011202.jpg

1998 its done 6,200 miles, its only real problem is a small dent in the top of the tank.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

She's well kitted out and in good nick by the looks of it! Very nice! And only 6.2K miles? Wow, that's less than 500 miles a year! I did 500 miles in a month! Make sure you get a good cover for it if you don't have a garage. If you do, lucky you!

Yeah someones spent some money on the extras, as well as the obvious sissybar, rack, screen & bags, its got Highway Hawk mirrors, brake resevoir cover, airbox cover, rear lamp cover, number plate surround and the bumper bar on the front mudguard.

Luckily I have a garage/car port so yeah its under cover, looking back at the paperwork some years it only did 30-50 miles, I have done over 300 miles since getting it at the end of August.

It's amazing to think, some people spend all that money on a new bike and accessories and then hardly do any riding! :eusa_think: Maybe when they get it brand new, they're afraid it'll get soiled! :biglaugha:

Its had 4 owners before me and from the paperwork its was one of them that put on about 4,500 miles the other 3 did bugger all, but thats my gain as I have a nice clean bike.

I have got this bike to ride but I also want to keep it as nice as I can, so am thinking about ACF50 for the winter as its still going to be used when I can, I have to use 4 wheels for work most of the week apart from Fridays, but come next spring things change.

There is no 'thinking about' ACF-50.... There is only 'must use' ACF-50!!

Unless you're a fan of Scottoiler 365, in which case...

Good looking machine that! (Although I might be a little biased there..........you didn't buy it off me did you????? LOL!)

Ttaskmaster is of course correct (isn't he always!) when he states the ACF50 stuff being a must, I carry a rag (yellow duster type) in the panniers, soaked in the stuff and wipe the bike down at every opportunity.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online