trouble with tzr125cuts out

pah1971
This post is 4528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok there

. i am having problem starting me bike and when i open throttle it cuts out,ive changed petrol, now im going tackle the carb,so need some info there is a tick over screw in the middle of carb,but wat is thescrew to the right of itand is there a setting for it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its probably the air/fuel mixture screw;it should be screwed in all the way til it bottoms out and then backed out 1 5/8 turns....or,fire it up & with the motor runnig spray some wd40 around the inlet rubber manifold area,if the engine revs change,you probably got an air leak.if you end up having to strip the carb.remove the primary & maim jets,they are inside the float chamber (brass bits) & drop them into some lemon juice,heat it up over your cooker ( the lemon juice/jets....not the carb ) & leave them cool down & stand for a while,pref overnight.blow all the airways and fuel ways,bottom of the float bowl out with an airline (important bit) then re-build them.if that dont work,i will try & get someone else to eat theyre hat !!!!! :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online