yamaha dt 175 mx trouble

Jason110571
This post is 4535 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello to you all ive just signed up to this site as im in a little trouble an in need of some help

i bought a yamaha dt 175 mx year 1980/81 the english model. this is my first time i ever done anything like this i bought the bike to restore it back to its glory and its been going realy well engine stripped and parts all renewed new brakes new everything i wont go on but its realy gone well until it come to the wireing harness when i bought the bike of this chap he told me it got stolen by kids but when they stole the bike they cut the front of the wireing harness of the bike pehapes to get it started i dont no it wasnt recorded stolen on logbook so that was handy but ive sat down for hours upon end trying to work this wireing out but just can not do it it might sound silly to you all noing ive done everything else on the bike but when it comes to wireing im just no good ive looked on ebay but not a wireing harness for mine dose anyone have a wireing harness digram in colour for me two copie im willing to pay for the copie as if i take it to a bike shop it will cost me loads or maybe there might be someone on this site who might have one for sale i managed to get the part number of yamaha for the wireing loom the number is

4J38259040

ive tryed following the manul black and white digram in the book but no chance even with my glasses on ive got no chance i would be most greatfull if there is someone out there who would give me a helping hand with my problem if cost me well be but well be worth it in the end

kind regards

jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are lots of DT mx guru's on the forum and I do believe that there are pattern harnesses available for some models.

What I would say is read the linky first and you may get the help you need

Hi Jay,

You could try the following:http://www.ebay.com/...=item5ad70476a7

Or if you want OEM try:http://www.nwvcp.com...rand/parts.aspx for the part numbers.

hi and thank you the harness on ebay ive already contacted him and he says its not for my bike and the other link you sent to me ive emailed him to see what he can do for me thanks for your help cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online