Poss clutch or needs adjusting.... ?

Beanz
This post is 4533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all.

YBR 125

4,500 on clock (600 miles are mine)

Need a bit of help here the bike is still under warranty but just want to see what others think on it :)

....when I am in traffic say slowing down to a junction or roundabout I drop the gears one by one as I slow and for some reason it drops to minimum 2nd when I stop I have to pull forward a bit in 2nd and rock the bike to try to get it to neutral and then I have to let clutch out then pull clutch in again as it will only then go into first blank.gif

Need to check the oil tomorrow, only had the bike 3 weeks and APPARENTLY it had a pre service, I am not so sure as it turned up to me with a blown halogen/headlight bulb :(

Maybe poss a clutch adjustment, pretty hard to tell as I am knew to this bike and a bit more delicate with it than I have been with off roaders :)

Any advice welcome

Thanx in advance people

Beanz x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:headscratch: don't know, but i do know that beans make you fart,?

sorry,, this aint helping is it,

as for lights they can blow any time realy,

neutral is always a bitch/bastard, to find on most bikes.

is the avatar of you. if it is ,i most sincerily apolagise, as i have just whacked one off on the strength it. :blush:

:headscratch: don't know, but i do know that beans make you fart,?

sorry,, this aint helping is it,

as for lights they can blow any time realy,

neutral is always a bitch/bastard, to find on most bikes.

is the avatar of you. if it is ,i most sincerily apolagise, as i have just whacked one off on the strength it. :blush:

Wow you so helpful lol.......and yeah the avatar is me...thanx for sharing yr urmmmmm...habits with me ;) lol

Beanz, please excuse up.yours, as mentioned above he is pretty much a social hand grenade, atleadt i have the decency to whack off and not admit it...

im sure i was going somewhere with this... ah yes, i had a similar problem on the XJ when i started riding it after a year of it sitting in a garden unused, it was difficult to find neutral and i often found myself going too far down with the lever and hitting 1st or staying in second resulting in a poor start when i was racing all the rudeb0is off the lights in their corsas, turned out the clutch was dragging (not disengaging enough), there should be a small nut on the clutch cable (im guessing... left hand side of the engine?) which allows you to adjust how far out the clutch is pulled when the lever is engaged, in effect you want to make the cable slightly "shorter" (wind the nut in 1/2 a turn a time towards the casing until the symptoms you describe are resolved) if that doesnt work check back here, or drop in to RAF Benson if your local and either myself or one of the other MCC members will take a look at it for you.

Beanz, please excuse up.yours, as mentioned above he is pretty much a social hand grenade, atleadt i have the decency to whack off and not admit it...

im sure i was going somewhere with this... ah yes, i had a similar problem on the XJ when i started riding it after a year of it sitting in a garden unused, it was difficult to find neutral and i often found myself going too far down with the lever and hitting 1st or staying in second resulting in a poor start when i was racing all the rudeb0is off the lights in their corsas, turned out the clutch was dragging (not disengaging enough), there should be a small nut on the clutch cable (im guessing... left hand side of the engine?) which allows you to adjust how far out the clutch is pulled when the lever is engaged, in effect you want to make the cable slightly "shorter" (wind the nut in 1/2 a turn a time towards the casing until the symptoms you describe are resolved) if that doesnt work check back here, or drop in to RAF Benson if your local and either myself or one of the other MCC members will take a look at it for you.

Luckily for you guys I do have a gsoh and can hold me own so to speak ;)

Bike is a pain up the butt when it fails to drop down to neutral and first, I am quite short and struggle trying to rock the bloody bike to get the bike into neutral and drop to first :(

May just take it in as its still got a years warranty left on it ......but loving the sunshine at the mo and don't want it to go just yet ...may have to though as its not getting any better and I did get stuck today at a junction and had to pull away in second being heavy on the clutch too :( was just totally solid and wouldnt drop down :(

Luckily for you guys I do have a gsoh and can hold me own so to speak.

if you you ever tire of holding your own, ? you know who to shout. :D

that photo works aswell. :blush:

if you you ever tire of holding your own, ? you know who to shout. :D

that photo works aswell. :blush:

Right ok I am confused now :( I had a pic of me and my glasses on I tried to change it a while ago to a slightly diff one but the only pic I can still see is my specs one ? what u seeing dare I ask ?

omg,,? who have i been whackin of to, i hope too christ it's not your mother. :o

ps lovely chest by the way.

sorry , im pissed tonight :beerchug::drunk: . ill apoligese tomoz, ? then again ?

you ask what we can see, well i don't know about these lot, but i see large breast, and one sexy bird.

sorry , im pissed tonight :beerchug::drunk: . ill apoligese tomoz, ? then again ?

you ask what we can see, well i don't know about these lot, but i see large breast, and one sexy bird.

Haha yes back to yr original question....yes that is me lol...i am on my phone now and it shows new pic......i am hardly gonna put someone else up on my avatar esp another woman lol........drunk...tut tut...thought it was normal behaviour for you lol x

This. imagesCA6M1N8H.jpg

And yes, your hair is down, no glasses.

oh ,columbo, how dare you, this is so cruel.

it's not what i saw

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online