YBR 250 Details Required

Boogaloo Dan
This post is 4540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I've already started this thread once but it seems to have disappeared into the ether! I've just bought a 2009 YBR 250. Does anyone else out there have one and can anyone answer me the following:

1. Is it restrticted in any way and, if so, can it be derestricted?

2. Is it an 'export' model or are they sold through the usual dealerships?

3. I found a photo on the net of a 2011 YRB that was clalled a 'Fazer'. Is it part of the Fazer family?

4. What is the spares situation?

5. Any weaknesses in the model?

Can anyone cast any light on what seems to me the dog's as far as a 250 is concerned. Can't believe a bike like this isn't flying out of the showrooms. What's the catch?!"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

I've already started this thread once but it seems to have disappeared into the ether! I've just bought a 2009 YBR 250. Does anyone else out there have one and can anyone answer me the following:

1. Is it restrticted in any way and, if so, can it be derestricted?

2. Is it an 'export' model or are they sold through the usual dealerships?

3. I found a photo on the net of a 2011 YRB that was clalled a 'Fazer'. Is it part of the Fazer family?

4. What is the spares situation?

5. Any weaknesses in the model?

Can anyone cast any light on what seems to me the dog's as far as a 250 is concerned. Can't believe a bike like this isn't flying out of the showrooms. What's the catch?!"

first dan there is no catch,in the days when me and you started riding you could ride a 250 on l plates now its 125 so it sits in a funny market place its no use to learner riders and once they have passed there test even though they might be restricted to 33bhp most prefer something bigger but for someone like you who wants it as a commuter its ideal good on fuel but with still enough power to stay with the traffic on the road.

its not retrictedm its sometimes called the fazer 250 a lot are sold in other parts of the world but not really an import its just not caught on to any degree vhere spares should not be a problem/

Cheers, oldtimer. Perfect reply!