XJ600 pre diversion

willgree64
This post is 3235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

TBH I think the way the ducati diavel mount the rear No plate is quite cool for this bike

yes just looked that up better than on the side me thinks, also mount on the new yamaha MT 09

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey y'all....

Quick update.... after a few more bits of buggering about, I got t'owd XJ into the sort of shape I wanted for now.... and then in Oct last year, finally passed my test and took my solo flight on her. Admittedly I am not experienced in bikes but I love her.... and she gets the right looks from people... most ignore her. others stare at the engine to see the manufacturer's name cast into the side to work out what she is.....

The only down side is the first time she got decently warm, despite new oil and filter, the bottom end sounds knocky..... I can play a tune on her on the throttle when she is up to temperature, so I think she will need to have some surgery.... either replace or rebuild. other than that, love her!

In the meantime, my bike instructor has become a mate, and I have helped him to get a GSXR thou lump into the back of a smart car... and I have acquired a 91 XJ600 Diversion too...... so maybe project number two is waiting in the wings already.......

I will try and get a few pics of her on soon too. just to show she has progressed a little......

check the starter gear where it connects to the clutch basket mine was loose :shakeno:

Also the oil pump drive behind the clutch basket gets a bit worn and a leyland mini door pin sorts that out. do a search on the site for the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

happily Kev,

I have been trying to upload pics, for some reason it wont upload them..... just freezes on the upload window.....

Any ideas?

you can't upload pictures, you need a photobucket account and paste in the link within your normal text box

you can't upload pictures, you need a photobucket account and paste in the link within your normal text box

I have a tinypic account but for some reason it wont work. Grrr

I have a tinypic account but for some reason it wont work. Grrr

tinypic or your pasting?

its only the img code you need and paste it into a box like I'm writing this now. is the little switch on at the top left of this comments box?

For some reason it wouldnt allow me to paste. Could be my laptop being awkward. Pics will follow soon.

a6ebc745727e055e74f47d22806af92e.jpgecfe8b55b3da73920bf3f50eefb200e8.jpgcbab4c43596ebb02e54d28d6c1c6ecb0.jpg

Finally worked! Used tapatalk!!!

She still isnt finished as there are little bits I want to alter.....

Really nice tho mate, you should be well chuffed with that result.

Thanks slice. I love it. She is quite keen on the road.... next will be maxtons for dampers methinks...... then maybe start the divvy. Possibly incorporating a turbo....

very nice, some graphics on the side would be god to break up the white a bit but that's picking

Yeah I was considering some but liked the clean look....

Thanks tho drewpy. I still might. I did consider a little cartoon tuning fork....

I actually fancied doing a single tuning fork in a cartoon character style.... running...

Great looking bike.

The only problem I have with it,and thats just personal choice,is the colour.

I just dont like white vehicles. Maybe because I drive one at work all day. I like colour.

Fantastic bike though.

nice looking work sir. im not normally into chopping up bikes but that turned out well :hyper: