XJ600 pre diversion

willgree64
This post is 3235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

one owners view;-

actually a nicer bike to ride than the later xj600 in some ways imo and I like the old school look of the upright cylinders

there is a comment above somewhere about them looking dates, that's true as its an 80's bike but again I like that type of thing,

weirdly it reminds me of Joe 90, Thunderbirds and even early Strar Trek around the back light on that last one mostly but then I'm a bit sad.

2vm7t7c.jpg

ha ha.... Eh?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All,

I am trying to post some pics up, but it does not seem to like photobucket links......

Can anyone tell me what links it does like?

• Like 1

re;-

WHAT !!!!! OLD DOG'S, you cheeky BAS***D it's half my age. OH yeah see what you mean parts are hard to come by!!

that's ok slice i don't take offence - these are nice little bikes

i'm up all night tonight, taking our boy to stansted then on to pick up some bike parts off a friend then visiting my old mum for a few days..wish i could go on the bike,

see you next week guys

ps

last time i picked up some parts off another bloke who was working early next morning so he couldn't stay up - we argeed he'd leave the stuff round the back and I'd post the cash.

I posted an envelope with the money and next time I see him I asked money OK? he said his partner had got to it first and he hadn't got the money as a result,

how some people live eh?

2uqi44o.jpg

picture of mine taken at lyme regis last year..

8x0ghz.jpg

IMG-20130613-00478_zpsd639a724.jpg

ok, here are a couple of quick pics,

sorry Ian, I completely see your point of view, I hope you are not offended!

It still needs a fair bit of work, but it is starting to take shape!

• Like 1

IMG-20130613-00476_zps9fc37b06.jpg

I have tried to keep it fairly tasteful, the back end may not be to most tastes but it is the first one I have made from scratch, so it is quite functional!

The mirrors are currently the stock items and will be replaced with something a little more in keeping soon!

Now that is a pretty pretty bike, well done, that's how you make an old bike look good. I particularly like the tail end, very neat. I hope your proud of it cos it's quite beautifully done. :icon_biggrin:

Wow!

Thank you for the kind comments! I am really chuffed with the way its shaping up, still lots to do, and I want to ge the panel fit a bit nicer.....

Really pleased that it has met with people's approval. poor old bike didnt look like much when I got it, and it has been done on a budget......

Again, thank you for the nice words and encouragement! (I am especially chuffed that the new back end didnt repulse anyone! (admitedly it was done out of sheet steel in a few hours, so it is never going to look as shapely as a GRP panel)

Cheers everyone!!

Now that is a pretty pretty bike, well done, that's how you make an old bike look good. I particularly like the tail end, very neat. I hope your proud of it cos it's quite beautifully done. :icon_biggrin:

yeah really nice, pity you'll have to spoil it with a number plate!

yeah really nice, pity you'll have to spoil it with a number plate!

thank you, I know, I really am loathe to stick a plate on it now! it is a shame it is no where near old enough to have a black/silver plate..........

What about one of those side plate thingys? might look a little odd but that rear you made deserves to be left alone, much to nice to stick a full size plate on, maybe a really small minimum size one might do it?

side plate thingies slice? do you mean a vertical one along the front mudguard? I designed the back end to take a plate, I may stick a teeny tiny one on for (ahem) show use, and a normal sized one for road use, using velcro to swap between the two......

Although I havent even got this one on the road, I was also starting to get ideas together for my next project, maybe a a similarly styled Diversion but running a turbo.... I quite fancy the challenge of turboing a bike engine (internal mods, setting it up nicely and making it look neat), mind you, I had better put that one to the back burner for now, and get this one finished!

Thanks,

Rob

No Rob, I mean one of those thingies!! that bolt on the side of the bike bit like a cruiser one or (hate to say it) Harley, the type that usually are round the rear swing arm/suspension, believe that they can be quite small about 6" X 6" as long as the letters are the right size.

ahhhhh a THINGY! why didnt you say!!!! (I will actually have a look and see what they are like, as I dont think I have seen one........)

You got it!! That's the THINGY I am talking about. side-mount-motorcyle-license-plate-brack See a sticky out THINGY!!!

TBH I think the way the ducati diavel mount the rear No plate is quite cool for this bike