Coolant problems, do I need to change the head gasket

xs650owner
This post is 4542 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oops, was I suppose to say something else. oh lol I gerrit lol. Im at a loss with this flaming bike, I forgot to mention that it has only just been recently bought last Saturday, the previous owner had mentioned it had been standing for some time, how long no idea, its my son thats purchased it but we are wondering that if we needed to replace the head gasket too?

Hi, I think you may have missed the point of OGs comment, this section is to introduce your self, just like you would in the pub or on the side of the road, you wouldnt just rock up to someone and say "MY BIKES BROKE HOW DO I FIX IT?" would you? So say Hi and tell us where your from and what bike you have and then go to the "WORKSHOP" section and post your problem there, some one will know about your problem and get back to you with a fix or maybe your the first one to have this problem and so everyone will have a great time trying to work it out for you. :jossun:

Thanks MRR, I'll start again!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, have a great passion for Yamaha bikes, I have an XS650 RD and DT125, there is also my pride and joy the Harley Davidson, from Somerset so get a really good ride out in the bike country.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Corrosion is the main reason the pump could be seized. I wouldn't take the top off unless I had to. drain everything, Plusgas the bores, not too much. Clean the carbs and tank and flush out the water changing the pump if it is definitely seized. try and turn the engine with the plugs out to see if things move around in the engine. new oil, water and fuel. A splash of fuel in each bore, plugs in and see what happens.

Thank you thank you thank you for your reply, I think I must be going blind, Ive looked all over this site and cannot for the life of me find the Workshop to post this properly, again thanks (not a very good computer operator either)

The workshop is halfway down the main page. Lots of other good sections there as well.

Just click the "forum" tab at the top of the page and then scroll down.

A direct line to the workshop area is here LINKY

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online