making ht leads

bindie
This post is 4576 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i ended up splicing a new HT lead and cap onto the old one to get the old XJ turbo to run before stripping it down, i cut the head off a brass screw and screwed the new HT lead onto one end and the old HT onto the other with some insulation tape around it, that did the job and it fired but if this is going to be a permanent thing my advice would be to take the coil out and strip the existing HT back, as mentioned above some coils such as the ones on the XJ have the HT lead moulded in but i am sure a way around it can be found

Hi

In the past I have used an in line connector to fit new HT leads, most of the time the old HT lead becomes knackered at the plug cap so I have just cut the lead shorter and added a new length of HT lead .

http://www.wemoto.co...e/HL-390010_10/

Pretty much like the others:

If your coils are OK and you can get the lead out that's an easy fix with some new lead and plug cap. NGK (and others) have a lead splicer/joiner if you want to join new lead on.

I ended up replacing my coil when I messed around with this anyway but it was relatively cheap for the DT. After I got the new coil I cut the old one open to have a look but that's as far as I got.

Gordo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online