New V50P owner

kayos
This post is 4547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all - recently bought a 1976 V50P - fantastic fun - any other owners about, if so will update with pictures and news if interested.

Currently undergoing a refurbishment during the winter.

Waiting for the Isle of Wight ferry.

IMGP0865.jpg

Photo taken on a trip to the Isle of Wight - outside a very good pie shop.

IMGP0868.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very poor intro. See my comments on Andy Oliver.

But.

FANTASTIC PHOTOS.

Is that a Honda C90??

poor intro? why mike?

Blimey Paul, isn't it obvious?

As I said to the previously reply not 10 minutes ago.

Hi Andy, I haven't any ideas, but a suggestion.

Use this area to introduce yourself. i.e.

My name is - obviously Andy

Age ? I presume from your Avitar, if that is you, approx 40 years old?

Male/female - obviously male

Where from ?

Interests ?

Bikes - obviously an XS250 (owned one myself)

Then, post your problem in the appropriate section. In your case I suggest workshop.

Please believe me you will get more help after a good intro.

All too often we get people on here to ask a specific question, get a reply and never to be heard of again, not even to say thanks.

Blimey Paul, isn't it obvious?

Frankly...no it it isnt, the guys not even asking for help to fix something, intros can be short or long, preferably not too short. Many intros go unanswered my members here...even members who have criticised noobs for not posting intros. I can see what your beef is with noob andy but not with this chap

I still think that kayos is a very poor intro, fine, he's not asking for advice, but I still think he should have introduced himself as my suggestion in a previous post.

Am I asking too much for people to come on here and let us know a little bit about themselves?

Sometimes we don't know the basics about who we are talking to.

Also, I did say how good his photo's are.

Am I being too strict about first time posts?

If I'm banging my head against the wall and getting frustrated about inproper intros, should I depart from the forum?

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, so you can talk about me if you want too.

All I can say is that nobody loves me, even when I was at school my mum used to wrap my sandwiches up in a road map.

Hello all - recently bought a 1976 V50P - fantastic fun - any other owners about, if so will update with pictures and news if interested. Currently undergoing a refurbishment during the winter. Waiting for the Isle of Wight ferry. IMGP0865.jpg Photo taken on a trip to the Isle of Wight - outside a very good pie shop. IMGP0868.jpg

Superb Intro! ;):welcome:

I have an 1981 V50MA and I plan to refurb this winter too.

Please keep in touch, I'm hoping to bounce off a similar minded person on here! :headbang:

Cheers Kayos :thumb:

SSB :spin2:

Hi and welcome Kayos.

Mike - I understand the frustration. But I thought this intro was good. Not much background but extra points for the pictures and the mention of touring and ferries.

******************************************************************************************************************

My mum used to tie a bone around my neck so the dog would play with me.

Not saying my mum didn't want to get close to me but she used to feed me by catapult.

I was unaware that my posts were to be rated!

I hope this forum is for like minded folk and not full of people who post inane comments.

Thanks for the reply's - and if there are other owners about I would like to here from you.

Kayos.

I was unaware that my posts were to be rated!

I hope this forum is for like minded folk and not full of people who post inane comments.

Thanks for the reply's - and if there are other owners about I would like to here from you.

Kayos.

Kayos, let me make myself clear. Obviously we have got off to a bad start, Your topic is FANTASTIC . The pics are brilliant, But, let us know a little more about yourself, i.e, where are you from? interests?

And I would still like to know is one of the bikes a Honda C90?

PAUL

Don't be to hard on me, I haven;t been feeling to well lately.

Looking on the bright side, I will be going down to Poole FC next Saturday on the Divvy with my lad on the back.

I think my problem is, and I think Oldtimer might agree. (I might be wrong) but being ex-servicemen you have rules and you stick to them, they are there for a reason. I appreciate this is 2011 not the sixties but they worked for me, and my dad (Burma),

Anyway, Kayos, which one are you in the photos?

One observation, three bikes but only two bikers. :crazy:

One taking the picture Mike? :lol:

ffs I may not even bother with this site if this is the shi..t we are going to put up with, grow up mr rules and regs YFM

Give it a chance Sir Stanley. It is always good to welcome new members, especially if they have something different to ride.

Hello again - no problems, yes it was me taking the photo, and the others are riding "scooters" GOD FORBID!.

Anyway I am going to post some more details and pics of the work I am doing - what is the best place to put them?

Today I took the engine apart, removed the piston (rather small I must say), cleaned the head and smoothed the bumps from the exhaust port (to release the power!!!).

I will update soon - Ta Kayos.

.....................Anyway I am going to post some more details and pics of the work I am doing - what is the best place to put them?.......................

One the first page at the bottom is the workshop section, as OG said.

Lots of lovely oily pictures are always good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online