YBR "Clicks" after off and False Neutral

Columbo
This post is 4547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, first time poster here, hoping the good people of the owners club can help me with my problem.

I bought my first bike 3 weeks ago. Its an '11 YBR 125.

The bike has 200 miles on it

I have two questions.

Sometimes it is really hard to get the bike into neutral. It either skips neutral and jumps to 2nd or says its in neutral (Light comes on) but jerks forward if I release the clutch.

Is this something to worry about?

If it is a problem, how do I fix it?

Will it go away with more miles?

My second question is

After I turn the bike off, I hear clicking coming from the engine

What is it?

Much love to anyone that helps and anyone who tries to help :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nahh its new mate, just needs some use to loosen up, try getting neutral as youre changing down to stop, ie 3rd, 2nd, neutral...then stop. However if youre a learner and in training you'll no doubt be told something else :eusa_doh:

Ticking is normal as the engine cools on many bikes

I also have an '11 YBR125 Columbo and I have (had) the exact same issues, although coming to think of it I haven't had trouble getting it into neutral for quite a while now, I usually go neutral at lights to free up my hands to drum to my music on the tank! It'll loosen up with time.

The clicks are normal, it's just the engine cooling down.

Happy & safe riding!

I work about 15 miles away from my home so it's 30 miles a day just to get to work & back... then there's the "pleasure-riding" I do, which is a lot!

Columbo, where abouts do you live? I take it you're in the U.K? I'm sure theres a few members in here that are local to you, that you could hook up with for a ride out, or even put you on to a decent 3-4 hour route somewhere, if they live nearby, they'll know all the best roads.for a fun ride out.

I'm also on a CBT and my route to work involves riding along a dual carriageway - and that's the most boring part! I like being on normal roads much much more for some reason... especially the country ones! (I work in the middle of nowhere! :D)

You definitely have to find some people to go on a ride about with, it's fab. Unfortunately though I'm up't North!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online