01 yzf600r and durring a ride the engine will loose spark and will cut off if i let it sit for a while it will start back up

saints41
This post is 4518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 01 yzf600r and durring a ride the engine will loose spark and will cut off if i let it sit for a while it will start back up but the relay assembly 4tv-81950-00-00 starts clicking. the bike doesnt do it every ride, just about once a month, but when it acts up it will do it for the whole day. Any help would be great!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a 01 yzf600r and durring a ride the engine will loose spark and will cut off if i let it sit for a while it will start back up but the relay assembly 4tv-81950-00-00 starts clicking. the bike doesnt do it every ride, just about once a month, but when it acts up it will do it for the whole day. Any help would be great!

Once a month? Its a girl bike then

Hi, You might get more help if you sign in and introduce your self (NOOB section) tell us who you are and where your from, NOT Hi I have this bike ? and it dont work help me!

Only polite really to say Hi before asking for assistance. Just like you would on the side of the road. :jossun:

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a faulty relay or bad earth. Clean up the terminals around the relay coils, battery and cdi, clean all the connections on the igniter side of the curcuit and give them a spray of plusgas.

• 2 weeks later...

check side stand switch, can cause intermittent faults, also there is a large connector in the front fairing, pig to get to but if it gets damp it can cause some shyte , worth a look.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online