Another new starter

littlej
This post is 4573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, I'm Jerry from Chester UK.

Picked up my 1984 XJ750 today. I believe that its an R model, an import from either USA or Canada, so getting parts is going to be dificult.

Any help or advice along these lines would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to chatting to some of you soon.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Littlej, Welcome to the YOC, I have an XJ and the US SECA both 750s and parts aren't a problem, loads of them about in all sorts of conditions, the only thing really wrong with them is the wiring (least that's what I have found) complete crap and takes hours to sort the smallest problem out but old bikes need more care than new ones. Lots of good advice on this site and most of the people are more than willing to help out just don't take what they say to heart as they can be a bit unforgiving, especially when you ask (what they think) are daft questions, if you can't find it in the book then ask but not before . Good luck with your new? bike. :jossun:

Thanks MRR. i have loads of silly questions, no book yet till i correctly identify the model.

How do i get the seat off?

VIN is JYA44X00XFA000583

typo sorry, should read JYA44X00XEA000583

Hi little j, Seat should have 2 levers at the back under where the pillion sits or lock device on near side and single spring loaded lever on the same side, pull lever(s) back and lift,easy really if you know, if you want any diagrams let me know and I will copy some to you, got the original and Haynes manuals. :jossun:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

American bile everything is the wrong way around. The locks on their nearside our offside and the clips push forwards. Obviously just put on the oppaiste sides which has reversed everything.

Now wish i hadn't opened it as the electrics have been messed with. Additional fuses outside the fuse box held together with tape.

Fun times ahead.

Thanks again

Wiring is ALWAYS a horror on these bloody things, if you need help just ask, look at my xj in the garage and you will see what a mares nest they can be.

:jossun:

Welcome in!! Good luck with sorting that wiring!! Just rip out the fuses and get yourself either some decent inline fuses, or have a look for a fuse block - there's usually some on Ebay.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online