which 650 adventure /enduro bike?

Dean_DT
This post is 4519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ill probably end up buying a curvy, but if i honest id rather a pointy! ah well, either one is pretty :)

And Mervin, That Dommi is 4,500miles!! looks very,very nice, but i just wouldnt pay that for a Dommi,especially to then have to register it etc on top. I could buy one almost as nice with 25k miles for far less and not have the hassle of registering it etc. for someone who is bothered by mileage that uch, its a great bike, but im just not!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Re: the SV. Cheap to run, reliable, cheap to service.

One common fault is the speedo sender or rotor goes. The sender is silly money and rare second hand. Mine went and I got one from German evilbay.

Make sure it has a fenda extenda or it will run like a single when it rains.

Make sure you get the original sparkplug tool in the toolkit. It is hinged and you can change the front plug without removing the rad. If you haven't got one I would guess that it would be a right pain.

Here is mine

lug.jpg

A quick search on the Devil's own auction site currently brings up 32 SV650's in the £1500 bracket - Clicky Link.

As for the Dommie - I still miss my old Miss Whiplash (seen here up at Backwater Reservoir):

100_1626Large.jpg

A real hoot to ride round the gravel, sheepshit and pothole riddled back roads up here, but a literal pain in the ar$e on any trip over 50 miles (seat like a plank), and don't even think about motorways/duellers - definitely not the environment for one of these! Mind you, when we get 3 feet of snow the Dommie (and it's big traillie brethren) really comes into it's own, ho yuss!

For all-round capability, get the SV.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online