X r1 forum member "converted"

Dickwad
This post is 4579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, recently sold the R1, It was killing my wrists leaning over the tank all the time, (im not 20yrs old any more). So, i`v got myself a xvs 1100, 24000 on the clock, 2 lady owners, and a custom airbrush job on the tank, (which has got to go) its not really a guys thing, but it is very well done and it seems a pity to spray over it, i will try to upload a pic. If there are any lady bikers out there with the same bike who would like to swap tanks, I don't mind if its all black or black and red like mine, anyway enough of this, I road this bike from gloucester (where i live) to the Ace cafe in London then on to Brighton ( 2011 Brighton burn-up ) wat a change from the R1, no back ache, and no swollen wrists, it was bliss to ride and didn't give me the slightest bit of trouble, and i managed to get nearly 100 miles out of a tank of fuel, better than 13 to the gallon on the R1. just one thing i would like to know, is it normal for it to vibrate as it reaches 60 mph and over, or is there something wrong with it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, all the xvs 650s certainly vibrate around 60-65 mph, you have to push to 70 and more to go past the vibrating so I guess the 1100 does too. I think it's the shaft drive.

100 miles from one tank? Glad I got the 650 then (150 miles to the tank without going into reserve).

Did you get the classic or the custom?

Maybe some piccies in the gallery, yes?

Hi Welcome to the YOC, I'm in Stroud so not far from you, nice to have some one nearby for a change, most seem to be from Scotland, West country or the Midddle lands.

PS Ok I suppose if your desperate for a pasty or a slice of sheep intestines! (ONLY JOKING OK!)

Hi Welcome to the YOC, I'm in Stroud so not far from you, nice to have some one nearby for a change, most seem to be from Scotland, West country or the Midddle lands.

PS Ok I suppose if your desperate for a pasty or a slice of sheep intestines! (ONLY JOKING OK!)

High there, I was wondering whether you go to the "Wednesday bike nights", we usually run to a pub in the Tewkesbury, Malvern, Evesham area, this usually attracts 2 or 300 bikes, so its well worth the ride out, If you want to check out the web site, type in "Wednesday bike night" now winters getting closer the Wednesday night rides have been moved to Sunday afternoon, the next meet is on Sunday 30th of this month, at a pub in Cambridge down the A 38, I cant remember the pub name but apparently its the one next to the speed camera, shouldn't be hard to spot as it will be full of bikes. I cant make it then, because of work. I might be teaching you how to suck eggs here, and you may already know about it. Still thanks for the reply. By the way did you go on the Ace cafe to Brighton run, in September.? ( I hate Haggis )

Hi, all the xvs 650s certainly vibrate around 60-65 mph, you have to push to 70 and more to go past the vibrating so I guess the 1100 does too. I think it's the shaft drive.

100 miles from one tank? Glad I got the 650 then (150 miles to the tank without going into reserve).

Did you get the classic or the custom?

Maybe some piccies in the gallery, yes?

I have a classic, Actually I got more than 100 miles out of it, I forgot that my mates filled up at the garage by the Ace Cafe but I being me, thought i would be all right and after riding round the south circular and down the A23 I had to fill up at pease pottage services, so it probably did more than 100 miles.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online