So...... my new toy arrives tomorrow and the weather has turned :(

Beanz
This post is 4537 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:shakeno:

I knew it would happen but didn't think it would happen this quick :shakeno:

I am bored of my new toy after just a week of having it............I want a BIGGER TOY ...........

I thought that day would come but not that blimin quick..........the bike has just got no guts to it and struggles to keep up with the traffic, not sure what I expected from a 125.

I have to try and remember that its health reasons I have a 125 but come on...........be nice to get to 80/90mph sorry I mean 70mph of course without maxing it out........ :ninja:

Didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things, I can see a upgrade coming on very soon, can't believe I spent just under 2 grand and after a week and 400 miles I am no longer getting the thrill..... :eusa_think:

Time to do mods and go shopping again ......... :eusa_whistle:

yep sounds like you need a two stroke lol i hear the dt125 is nippy should achieve 70/80mph

or a yzf or a tzr but bearing in mind your health reasons then the latter two may possibly be out

aint being legal a pain? i reckon as learners we should have at least been allowed up to 250cc like it used to be

ps i feel like a peice of toast right now lol

Dave

It is a great little bike, had my heart set on an xt I wanted to do some off roading/greenlaning but I am too short and the new model I looked at could not be lowered you could only change the seat.

How about a 2003 - 2007 DT125RE? it has a powervalve set up, de-restricting at the clocks gets you to around 80mph, nice riding position, you can play about with the suspension dog bones, and lower it, (longer dog bones shorten the ride height) electric start, and depending on budget anywhere from £1000 - £2000, will get you one.

Not a thumper like the XT, but for an all round fun machine, does what it says on the tin, till you get your DA, anyroad.

Just a thought :spin2:

P.s I suffer from back problems too, and once I've lifted leg over the bike alls fine, plus I raised the bars on mine so it gives me a better ride height, (straighter back)

XJ600 :)

one with 30,000 miles on ebay sold for just £155... i bought mine because its smaller than most other bikes and still gives the "sit up and beg" position the others refered to and have never had any problems with back pain, apart from getting a bumblebee under my visor, that hurt...

• 2 weeks later...

well...600 miles and 3 weeks later, still riding the YBR still wanna upgrade to poss a duke monster or something similar (totally loving the new mv but not really the right seating position for me and cant really warrant 11 grand either)

Anyway riding is going well back is holding out, not so sure on the bike as problem with gears/clutch (posted in tech section), corners sorted, roundabouts sorted, nearly had an off with some stupid tart putting on here lipstick while driving on a roundabout, she pulled straight out infront of me and even after tooting and nearly going over the side of her car she still was oblivious, lucky for her I have short legs and couldn't boot her car and I had the sence to leave it because I would of shoved her lipstick somewhere where the sun don't shine.................was not a happy bunny at the time :(

Poss have to take bike in for warranty with gears...but hey its all good, will upgrade in spring/summer....its a MUST ;)

Beanz

I would have at least made an effort to kick her f**king car! but saying that i have got a nice collection of wing mirrors building up in my bin as i find that "most" cars drivers dont need them/use them so i help out with there little problem by removing them (PRICKS!)

Aint had a transit yet........got a BMW and two Saxo's so the collection is growing lol

I was concentrating on saving my arse at the time, have to say if she had stopped I would of had a go but tbh I was a bit shook up if I had not of braked so hard I would of prob gone over the bonnet/or side of her car (keeping in mind I was on a roundabout at the time :( )

iv'e said it b4 and i will keep saying it, chase them to the next set of lights tap on the window with these,

then slide them down the front wing, they hate it :D

images-2.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online