Pikey trikey!!

sniff6
This post is 4574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thats bending what 'up yours' has posted ...nowhere in this thread did he try telling us what we can or cannot ride, read it again...its just about his personal prejudices regarding reliant based trikes!!!

now , if anyone on here is offended because you have one of these shit heeps, good , it was intended,so please , pull it apart or burn it, because we just laugh behind your back and think what a twat.

Technically:- Intentionally seeking to cause offense over someone's personal preference and abusing that person for having chosen such is very indicative of forcing that opinion on someone and thus indirectly dictating what they should and shouldn't choose, by virtue of the less-favoured choice incurring unrelenting ridicule. Could even call it bullying, for simplicity.

I wasn't actually taking this seriously, hence the remark about building a fleet of them just to piss Kev off. I also fail to see how pointing out that these three-wheeled vehicles (classified as Trikes on the documentation) being the choice of disabled riders is 'below the belt' (unless that's some kind of paraplegic joke), but hey...

If people want to get serious about this, I can do that. Or we can just continue to take the piss.

Gimme a call and let me know...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I prefer Goldwing trikes such as this... and will probably get one when my knee gives up

http://www.colinappl...3429_MB_056.jpg

propper trikes are very stable at speed, ( we will continue with the piss taking ttasky) BUT,

reliant trikes were never stable above sixty mph as they were intended , let alone after some knob with a spanner and a hammer

has been let loose on one.

I've never been on a trike before.What are they like to ride??Are the stable at speed??

In a straight line, yes. However, all of them steer 'kinda' similar to a car.... kinda.

If you've only ever ridden bikes before, it will be very weird!

Depending on how they're built, they can slip and slide around sometimes as well as having a tip-risk if the centre of gravity is high enough.

Also, they benefit from having beefed up rear brakes, but not everyone does this. They're usually a bitch to reverse, unless you have a reverse gear installed (essential on the very big ones).

Boom Trikes are even weirder - so weird, that the guys won't even let you ride it home, insisting your first trips are on familiar roads!

Trike - Three-wheeled vehicle.

That Piaggio MP3 thing is technically a trike. I just find most custom builds interesting and I take function over looks almost every time.

So to see a Reliant Trike, usually Ratted or Survivalled, just makes me want to know more about it!

Boom Trikes are even weirder - so weird, that the guys won't even let you ride it home, insisting your first trips are on familiar roads!

What makes them different from other trikes then?

I reckon trikes must be easier than a sidecar outfit - at least they handle the same whether you're going round left or right hand corners!!

What makes them different from other trikes then?

Something to do with the turning circle and the ease with which they can tip/slip at high speed, I think. An acquaintance got her Drag 1100 Boomed up and that was what they insisted. Part of it was due to the company being located down some country twisties too...

Only ridden an side outfit once. That had to have a separate brake on the nearside wheel to avoid the rather hefty slippage - Rode it around at a bike rally... and promptly crashed into a barrier!!

Sidecars are a little awkward and unforgiving to ride if you're not careful! I've been using mine as daily transport for the last year. It took some getting used to, but I can now quite happily 3-wheel drift it round right-handers, and have a reputation for flying the chair whenever possible!

That could explain why I've had to have the frame welded twice, and managed to snap the stub axle on the chair!

flying the chair,, :biglaugha: that takes me back a bit,

i use to frighten the life out of folk on my jawa combo doing that. :biglaugha:

i once had the brothering law screaming like a school girl through the town centre. :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online