ANd the neweees keep flowing

Insurance man
This post is 7001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the Forum Insurance Man

If you weren't soooooo far away, I too might give you a shot......As I'll be in the market for some with my XT that I just bought. ;)

Hello and welcome. And thanks for the kind offer but I don't think yamaha will be interested in my R! anymore! :lol:

TBH.....I've got a pretty good rate right now with my XJ750....only costs me $127 a year.......which I suspect will go down a bit more when I transfer that policy to my 550. ;)

TBH.....I've got a pretty good rate right now with my XJ750....only costs me $127 a year.......which I suspect will go down a bit more when I transfer that policy to my 550. ;)

:o You guys in the states get the insurance really cheap i would love to be able to offer uk yam riders the same. I am trying !

:o $127 your so lucky, what about road tax ? :blink:

Hi Insurance man welcome to our little bit of cyberspace. Can l take you up on your offer of advise, I have been offered a Cat D write off. I just want to know what l can legally do with it regarding putting it back on the road. It has been stolen recovered. Will it need/can l re-register it with a year plate or will it get the dreaded Q Plate.

Thanks

PS Hope you enjoy the forum.

:D

:o $127 your so lucky, what about road tax ? :blink:

Don't have an individual road tax here in Oregon......that's figured into our property taxes on our homes.....which keep going up every year! :angry:

I just have to pay $35 every 2 years for registration & the afore-mentioned $127 a year for insurance.....that's it, outside of any vehicle maintenence costs....which have been very few......What can I say?....It's a Yamaha! ;)B)

Now all of you peeps know why I ride year-round......simply can't beat the cost! :thumb:

• Admin

3rd Party Insurance is included in your registration here in oz. Which is good as i dont have to buy any for the shitty car im driving. BUT it means that every learner driver can afford to drive an old Skyline or Impreza! Hence the high fatalitys over here with young drivers, i was reading that nearly every day one of the two mentioned cars gets crashed and a P Plate driver or one of the passengers dying :o

Hi Insurance man welcome to our little bit of cyberspace. Can l take you up on your offer of advise, I have been offered a Cat D write off. I just want to know what l can legally do with it regarding putting it back on the road. It has been stolen recovered.  Will it need/can l re-register it with a year plate or will it get the dreaded Q Plate.

Thanks

PS Hope you enjoy the forum.

:D

Good morning Daglad,

Just to give you some info. On the insurance side with ourselves it makes no difference. Cat D means it was wrote off as the bike was beyond economical repair so you will probably have to contact the DVLA (probably want to set a whole day aside) 0870 240 0009 is a DVLA vehicle number. Your insurer & or the DVLA may request at least an egineers report or even an MOT. Even when the bike is fully repaired/restored it wont be worth the market value.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online