Dragstar 1100 - What octane is best

John Walker
This post is 4573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got my first Dragstar 1100 Classic, year 2008. The guy from whom I bought it, who had it from new, said to only use 98 octane, but in the manual it says to use 95 octane unleaded. Anyone got any views on this? Also, whats the best polish to shine and protect all that chrome?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you should use regular as stated in manual.

Don't use polish, unless you have the odd spot of surface rust, or your pipes have blued. Polish finely grinds off the surface layer of paint and chrome. Do it too often and you'll end up polishing right through to bare metal. You should use a good quality wax to shine and protect your chrome (and tank, and fenders).

Show us some pics in the gallery!

+1 to 95 octane... your bike will run better (& its cheaper). I use Muc-Off Miracle Shine wax which does a good job.

+2 to 95 octane... Had a similar thing with my imported Subaru, previous owner running on 98 when it didn't need it. And again just a good quality wax polish, I use turtle wax, and only use the Solvo for rust spots.

I am planning on trying the ACF50 stuff this winter as well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online