1977 dt400

Crozier
This post is 4585 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi croz " you say make it turn over, do you meen its not turning,? [ ie. siezed] or no compression [ ie. turns over too easily] ? :eusa_think:

Hi croz " you say make it turn over, do you meen its not turning,? [ ie. siezed] or no compression [ ie. turns over too easily] ? :eusa_think:

It turns over too easily. I kick it to start it bit there feels like there is no compression. How could that happen from just sitting in the garage for a week?

Where is it it sounds to me like it is complete rubbish i will come and collect to save you the problem of disposing of it :babyha: :babyha: :babyha::shakeno: :shakeno:

have you checked the sparkplug has not come loose or the head nuts ?

Merv

Join the que Merv " :hah: ,, Another thing could be the rings are gummed in to the piston,, when is the last time it was de-coked / take of head and barrel,

everthing will come to light,, at worste , a rebore,, :praying: £40, from a machine shop,,, and a new piston, clean top of piston, any over-size will be marked on crown,,

= .25 or .50

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online