Want more Power Yamaha Chappy 80cc

happy_chappy_owner
This post is 4542 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I currently obtained a 1977 Yamaha Chappy lb80 from my dad. it was sitting there for a long time and does not currently run. i took it to the shop this morning to have them get it running again. my question is this. after i get it back, is there anything that i can do get more power out of it? obviously keep a clean filter in it, but is there anything else that i can do besides boring out the cyliders? thank you in advance!!!

sincerely,

happy_chappy_owner

p.s. I know these machines were not made for a lot of speed, but i would like to get a little extra "oomph" so to speak as i am right at 200 pounds.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

loose weight, it'l fly then.

considering that i am 6'2" and i have a 36" waist, most of that weight is muscle. i keep a very active lifestyle, and i am far from being a couch potato.

I posted a very straight-forward question, and i expect the same replies in return. that is the point of these forums, right? to share information? so @up.yours, if you have any pertinent, useful information and would actually like to contribute to the good of the community, now is the time to speak. if not, please, STFU .

i may just grab myself a tub of popcorn and watch the action unfold...

but i feel obliged to chip in and atleast make a vague atempt to help. Happy_chappy_owner: With this forum comes a lot of banter, some of it may seem to be aggressive at first, but longer serving members such as Up_Yours are extremely laid-back and offer this banter only to brighten your day and also the day of the other forum members, please take it with a pinchh of salt or with sugar according to taste, any hostility is unintended.

as for the bike, try simple things such as free-flowing exhausts and less restricting air filters, next up from that you can try big bore kits or boring out the cylinder, hotter spark plug, smaller or larger rear sprocket (more speed or more acceleration accordingly), strip as much weight FROM THE BIKE as you can.

Ahh its never going to fly with a guy your size but if you check the ignition timing, keep the exhaust de-carbonised and a clean air filter you wont go far wrong, they are a great little fun bike scooter...enjoy..up yours is just having a laugh and hes showing off because he did lose a lot of weight and thereby made his LC faster

.........................I posted a very straight-forward question, and i expect the same replies in return. that is the point of these forums, right? to share information? so @up.yours, if you have any pertinent, useful information and would actually like to contribute to the good of the community, now is the time to speak. if not, please, STFU .

I see you have fallen into the ongoing trap. Have a look

The forum is very friendly in the main but a few people, me especially included, get fed up with people whose first post asks a question, cant be ar5ed to post a "hello" in the newbies section and then post the question in the wrong section. Telling an established, and respected - well almost - member to STFU in a second post is not really going to get you on the side of the people on here whose opinions you want.to canvass.

well with all that said , who am i to hold a grudge, thanks chums.

like they all say it's just banter,

try some of what wild foamy suggest and see how you go to start with, then get back to us fur some technical stuff. :thumb:

( and i ment lose weight of the bike silly)

• 1 month later...

I too am a proud owner of a 77 Yamaha Bike who is looking for more information, had this beast since I was kid and abused it. Will be taking pictures in a while so yall can point and laugh... more importantly help me locate parts or schematics.

Rescued it from my childhood home and parked it in my current home, assembled a 'Custom' shifter handle last night... looks awesome!

No chain guard, no front wheel cover, no battery or hold down, no foam on the seat, really worn rear sprocket, no throttle grip or cable, no lights anywhere, no foot pegs, no kickstand, no mirrors, no spedo cable, white latex paint on the fuel tank, permanent marker written on the 'Yamaha' on the battery cover, no kick start lever... throttle cable in the carb is stuck closed too. So yeah you think you peeps can help me out?

I will be posting pix soon...

I too would suggest loosing weight and also changing sprocket size will be your first and cheapest mod to do first there after if your still not happy with the speed then pull ya finger out and get your full test done (unless your 16 which there for you cant)

Also as stated dont be too quickly offended with every thing that is said in here, (FRIENDLY top tip.... grow thicker skin! it helps in life!) start off in any forum or conversation with a "hello and a nice intro" to build up a little bit of respect THEN you can fire a few fucks back at people in a banter kind of way! i too am very new to the forum and still trying to get friendly with some of the guys but i dont go about in my second ever post telling some one to fuck off n keep there opinions to them self.... thats just not cricket! , so dont get all up in arms and get a wabbily bottom lip if they are a bit blunt or sarcastic with your posts.

I've only been on these forums a few months now but I know that Kev's replies can be a little, how do I put this, a little raw but after going down the correct route of making an intro or two you pretty quick know how the forum and it's etiqutte works. Also you know that Kev has lost a lot of weight and kudos to him for that.

Na just fuck ugly

Ha-Ha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online