dt 125r throttle sticking

jimmadown
This post is 4481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi has anyone had problems with there throttle. I had my bike pinned and then it wouldnt stop. Apparantly it might be something to do with the carb. not sure any thoughts?

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How often do you lube your cables? Have you had the carb apart recently ?

ye the bike wouldnt start the other day so had it apart and it then was goin good. throttle still sticks though. wonderin if it needs a new cable.

i havnt lubed recently so maybe thats what i should do.

when i close the throttle completely theres a little click from inside the throttle though maybe thats it

cheers

Sounds very much to me like the throttle cale is sticking. Dissconect it at both ends, you're best off leaving the oil pump cable connected as it's a hasstle. Drop oil down one end and use the cable to push it down. Keep going til it comes out the other end. Or pump loads in and leave it to gravity to do the hard work! Make sure you connect everything back in the right when you re assemble!

• 2 months later...

Check the cable isn't getting caught on your frame or plastics, this happened to my derbi senda a few times, might not be the problem you have but it was mine and wasn't hard to sort it so its worth a look

Keiran

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online