YBR 125 too long warming up

Roymundo
This post is 4538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, just after a bit of advice if possible. I purchased a 05 YBR 125 a few months ago, been right through it and carried out a full service, renewed all filters, renewed engine oil, renewed spark plug, checked valve clearance and cleaned out carb. All straight forward and ready for the road.......BUT......it starts fine but then takes ages, well 10 to 15 mins to warm up enough so its rideable without cutting out as soon as the throttle is twisted.

My question is; Can anything more be done to improve this or are all YBRs 125 like this?

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi my 08 carb takes a little while to warm up but not 15 minutes ! unless of coarse you are storing it outside ? mine is usually garaged and only takes a couple of mins to warm up. If parked outside for a few hours then it takes a little longer. Maybe if your bike is outside like all night then 15 mins isnt unrealistic ? i usually start the bile then put all my gear on take locks off etc and then its usually ready to go..

james

Cheers James. The bike is garaged. It starts fine on the choke but if you knock the choke off after say 10 minutes and twist the throttle it cuts out. Runs and ticks over fine once fully warmed up.

Roy

• 4 weeks later...

Carb stripped, spray cleaned all jets inspected and re-assembled. The bike doesn't cut out now when throttle opened as before.

Now aware that when warmed up and choke off at a stand still, when reving up and shut off the twist grip the revs tend to settle around 3000rpm for a moment then slowly drop to normal tick over around 1500rpm which takes around 10 seconds. I think that revs should drop to tick over straight away without any lag. Cable and slide move fine with correct adjustment to throttle cable. Adjusted the throttle stop screw but if out too far the bike then cuts out when revs settle down.

Any advice would be appreciated.

This post is 4538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.