Bloody Bike!!!

This post is 6903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

All looks fine to me, but underpressure the seal may not work as it should, whilst its out get a new piston set from patternparts, comes with new spring, seals, and surclip. Costs about a tenner if i remember.  B)

...that picture was taken a little while ago when the who brake was in pieces.

I got the goodridge braided brake line yesterday! :D:D

...fitted it outside my house in the cold until about 11pm!

I'm very impressed with the line. The front brake has crazy amounts of pressure in it! If i brake hard i believe i could go straight over the handle bars!!....so its working nicely now. Hopefully no more dramas with the front brake!

Also i fitted the fuel filter last night. Experimented a little but the whole filter won't fill up (about half full). I'm not sure if this is a problem, it might just be the way the filter works. trickling bits of petrol into it slowly.

I drove it into work today with the fuel filter on, and i didnt run out of petrol. Hopefully all is well on the filter front aswell. Fingers crossed ay!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About half full on those type of filters is what I remeber about them......had one on my Seca 400.....it worked great! ;)

Those Goodridge lines are awesome, eh?.......got 'em on my RD.

Sounds like you're finally on the right track to getting things sorted. B)

About half full on those type of filters is what I remeber about them......had one on my Seca 400.....it worked great! ;)

Those Goodridge lines are awesome, eh?.......got 'em on my RD.

Sounds like you're finally on the right track to getting things sorted. B)

I hope the filter is alright, gotta ride home soon!

I'm so impressed, i can't tell you! The quality of the line, the way the hose fits to the banjo bolts, the amount of pressure in my front brake is crazy!

I think they are well worth the price. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

• Admin

Yep braided hoses and some uprated brake fluid make the most noticable difference B)

Sorry Twisted. :D

Must be a Yank term.......for finding the sweet spot of tuning in a machine--

Where everything's working as it should. ;)

Sorry Twisted. :D

Must be a Yank term.......for finding the sweet spot of tuning in a machine--

Where everything's working as it should. ;)

Aahhhhh, hopefully it has a sweet spot!

Shit! This thread has run for longer than the bloody bike did!

:lol:

....how dare you disrespect my bloody contramption!!

I think you'll find this thread will probably last longer than the bloody bike!

;):lol::lol:

Thanks again everyone for the help with the bloody thing!

Aahhhhh, hopefully it has a sweet spot!

:lol:

....how dare you disrespect my bloody contramption!!

I think you'll find this thread will probably last longer than the bloody bike!

;)    :lol:  :lol:

pmsl :P

your running problem in that it would not run below 3000rpm,i had the same problem with my dt125r,and that has had a rebore and has only done 10 miles on it,the bike seems to run better since i adjusted the pilot screw but it is not perfect but then it did idle for the first time since i got it.the carb is clean so it isnt that and the fuel pipe is brand new genuine yamaha,my bike is standard except for a dep exhaust ,working power valve and performance reads (1989 model)

• 2 months later...

...a new year but same old bloody bike!!!!

I've been absent for awhile as the bike has been quite reasonable to me. However today the BLOODY BIKE was back in full force!!

Left for work early, nice sunny day, going down a duel carrage way in the middle lane at about 50-55, all of a sudden the back wheel starts snaking left and right!! :blink::blink:

I thought the back brakw had seize but no...the back inner tube had burst and i was riding on the rim/tyre!!

Luckily enough i managed to get the bike to the side of the road with out coming off.

Anyways i managed to get an inner tube and refit it.....bit shaking but back on the road.

Then i thought i'd vent some frustrating of the day by going to the gym. As i pull up the BLOODY CUTCH CABLE SNAPS!!!

Now my bloody bike is locked up at my bloody gym and i have no bloody transport to get to work!!

I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!! :angry::angry::angry:

...a new year but same old bloody bike!!!!

I've been absent for awhile as the bike has been quite reasonable to me. However today the BLOODY BIKE was back in full force!!

Left for work early, nice sunny day, going down a duel carrage way in the middle lane at about 50-55, all of a sudden the back wheel starts snaking left and right!!  :blink:  :blink:

I thought the back brakw had seize but no...the back inner tube had burst and i was riding on the rim/tyre!!

Luckily enough i managed to get the bike to the side of the road with out coming off.

Anyways i managed to get an inner tube and refit it.....bit shaking but back on the road.

Then i thought i'd vent some frustrating of the day by going to the gym. As i pull up the BLOODY CUTCH CABLE SNAPS!!!

Now my bloody bike is locked up at my bloody gym and i have no bloody transport to get to work!!

I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

You can cobble together a quick fix using a bicycle brake cable, a cable clamp (like you get on MTB V-brakes) and an 8mm socket. Fit the cable in the lever as normal, and thread the other end through the socket (through the square side, so the tapered end will sit in the cable stop on the cases) and use the cable clamp to lock the cable in the clutch actuator arm. It's not pretty, but it works, and can get you back on the road without having to wait for a cable to be delivered :D

Mick

You can cobble together a quick fix using a bicycle brake cable, a cable clamp (like you get on MTB V-brakes) and an 8mm socket. Fit the cable in the lever as normal, and thread the other end through the socket (through the square side, so the tapered end will sit in the cable stop on the cases) and use the cable clamp to lock the cable in the clutch actuator arm. It's not pretty, but it works, and can get you back on the road without having to wait for a cable to be delivered :D

Mick

thanks , wicked idea, but i havent got any of the bits.

luckily enough i managed to push the yam dealer into gettin the cable tomorrow, and hopefully a mate with a van will be able to pick up the bike later today.

Thanks again for the help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online