Auzz's XVS 650 Bobber

Venomauzz
This post is 4250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Laugh I almost died.

Thanks for taking such a dislike to my bike, I call it Marmite

. I have never slagged off another bike, I may not like that style of bike and might find them boring, but because you don't like someone's bike that is not an excuse to be churlish and F*****G pig ignorant, I see from your profile that you are still very young and have only owned 2 bikes, both slow cruisers. When you grow up, and have owned/ridden/rebuit a few more bikes you may have the ability to respond as you have. I would love to give your bike some comments but only having one small photo its not easy.

BOBBERS:- An American style of bike from post WW2, normally an ex army Harley bobbed(stripped) of any unused metal work to make them lighter and faster. See also American Hot Rods

Halfords:- Front lights, leds for running lights, recent indicators, horns, paint, filler, fibre glass. sanding paper, rubbing compound, polish.( I have a trade card good discount)

Ebay:- End can, rear lights, damaged tank( repaired and filled) loom(chopped and shorten) top yoke(strengthen,drilled and switch housing removed) Risers,Bent rear subframe(chopped and straighten) damaged front mudgaurd(repaired and chopped) brake reservoir, brake/clutch levers, handle bar grips. remote switch for ignition. Mirrors. Yamaha stickers. Hel brake lines.

All other stickers and tank pad from Lethal Threats.

Busters :- handle bars.

Rear seat fairing is home made.

Bud can is an overflow bottle for the radiator, cable tied on as nowhere to easilly fit a bracket (this was fitted for fun, sense of humuor required)

All original parts are stored in my loft incase I sell the R6.

The headlight have modified wiring so they both work on main beam.

As before I have made brackets, fairings, polished bits, painted everything myself, and it was good fun doing it because I can.

WTF are ear lights??

Ever heard of spell check

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hay you can be and show intelligence, well done, :biglaugha:

Streetfighters were a development from the cafe racers of the 60's,in the UK, again you took a stock bike and tried to make it faster and lighter, the early fighters looked very simillar to the original bikes, but were lighten, tune and better suspension fitted, slowly the trend turned into what it is now, the Brit scene is still big engines, better suspension, turbos, niros, the US scene is more customised, they still go for the shiny paint and chrome look.

The Germans again go for power and handling with a slightly differnt look.

• 6 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online