Removing Alarm/Immobiliser

markles
This post is 4593 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi lads, just joined.

I have a problem with my alarm/immobiliser that I'm hoping to get some help with.

Last night I went to deactivate the immobiliser to head for a spin and it didn't work. I changed the battery in the fob and that did nothing. Rang a mechanic, he said the immobiliser is probably bust so to just take it out and that should enable the bike to start again.

Has anyone removed an alarm/immobiliser from a 03 Fazer 600 before? If so, is there any chance I could get a step by step instruction on how to do it?

Any help much appreciated,

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know how to do it... i doubt anyone will post step by step instructions for anyone to see (I don't want that info on a public forum so some scroat can read it then nick my bike!!)

Have you contacted a Yamaha dealer? They can probably fix it for you and help keep your bike safe.

I'd say this will be a common response.

The other factor is that no one will know - you need the specific wiring diagram for the alarm/immobiliser and for the bike. In all probability a competent person, who is used to work on bike electrics may be able to remove it with kit like a multimeter etc, but will need to have it in front of them. Most can be taken off reasonably easy - like Clarke said most dealers/bike mechanics have these types of jobs quite oftem and so will take it on. Also be aware some high-end alarm/immos use wires which are all the same colour with no markings ((to prevent tampering) and in that case you will definitely need the wiring diagram for the bike, so that where-ever the immo splices in, the old wiring can be correctly reinstated.

GL

He must be a great mechanic to be able to diagnose over the phone. Can I phone him and ask if my chain needs adjusting?

A lot of after market alarms can "spike". If this has happened then there will normally be a method of sorting this. Find out what brand of alarm it is as they are all different.