Setting correct mileage on new clocks

Jesus
This post is 4598 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't bother, its not really an issue.

Nobody expects NEW clocks or replacement clocks to reflect the true mileage of any vehicle, you just tell them its go new clocks.

But if you're really serious you could dismantle your new clocks completely into its components and manualy advance the wheels of the odometer...... but honestly you risk F***g it up!!! it really would not be worth it,

However, before you start thinking shall i attach an electric drill and run it at high speed to advance the mileometer.....it doesn't work in the way you might be thinking.!

i can assure you with the drill at high speed you might even get the needle to show 100 mph,

But this means it will therefore TAKE 1 hour to advance the mileometer 100 miles!!! if you left the drill on for 24 hours the mileometer will ONLY read 2400 miles.

To advance the mileometer to say 40,000 miles it will take the drill 16 days running 24/7 to reach 40,000 miles and a load of electricity and probably a new drill!! or several!!!

the drill method is really an Old wives tale...........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online