Not new but with a new (used) Yamaha

X_FISH
This post is 4095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello!

I just have noticed that I did not introduce myself while owning a YBR 125. So it's time to say hello after chainging the motorcycle. :)

Since a few weeks the YBR 125 is gone. She's got replaced by a '95 XJ 600 S Diversion. The Diversion needs a lot of tlc. I bought her from the first owner and she was standing in a barn for the last 4 or 5 years, only being taken out for approx. 500 km - in those 4 or 5 years.

Rust here, need of replacement of other parts there - but very cheap.

Unfortunatly the previous owner was not only doing less in the last years - he was also doing a little too much in the first years. He took a brush and some red paint and made a very unique XJ 600 S out of her:

110709_02_t.jpg 110709_03_t.jpg 110709_11_t.jpg

Simply click on the pictures to enlarge them :) The last picture in the row is a german »Fahrzeugbrief«.

Positive sideffect: It does not matter where I leave her and how many other motorcycles are around. I always see her on first sight. :D

110825_03_t.jpg 110903_18_t.jpg 110903_15_t.jpg

Another side effect: People tell me what comes to their head when they see her. A german parcelservice, a fast food franchise... And they suggest that if I will decide to offer her online I should take some more backlight pictures and use only them... :D

The fight against the rust has already begun. I hope she will last some more years and will carry me around in the south of germany and other regions.

Greetings, Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is there a paint Job in the future? I like the colors and all but a custom paint job would be cool too.

I would love to have the original look back. Just yellow (»reddish yellow coctail 1« - that's what Yamaha calls it).

We will see. First the other stuff (no more rust, stainless steel break lines, etc.). Tears a little hole in my budget.

Greetings indeed martin, only two years a member...better late than never,,,now GET IT PAINTED! and enjoy....you still running your ybr forum?

Yes, the ybrfreun.de website is still online and will be online. I get a lot of visitors from all over the world. Also some nice e-mails from time to time telling me my text/pictures have been helpfull.

But: Still no forum there. There are enough of them allready on the internet. ;)

Grüße, Martin

• 1 year later...

One year has passed by so quickly. I am still riding the XJ 600 S. She took me to Austria (frequently ;) ), Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Italy so far.

Two pictures taken 3rd of october 2012:

121003_18_t.jpg 121003_24_t.jpg

Greetings from Germany, Martin

Ganz toll. :)

Hey, there's something about the colour combo, I quite like it! Give the bike some character. :-)

bippo x-fish would be a good guy to ask about the headlamp bulb upgrade I think ;)

Good idea! Thanks - I'll certainly do that!

• 3 months later...
Something new on my website: The integration of the google translator - as a link.
From now on you can read what i wrote about my XJ 600 S (aka Seca II) by simply clicking on the tiny flag on the right side.
-> www.600ccm.info - Saisonende 2012: Ab ins Winterquartier
-> after clicking on the flag
Once clicked you can visit all the other pages and the google translator will translate all of it.
I have to wait until the 1st of april until I can ride again -> so I had some time to integrate that on my website. :)
Greetings from Germany

With that colour scheme you could be a bike courier for DHL

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online