chain lube

liquidcooled
This post is 6861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

anyone recommend some good chain lube? not the dearest either just good value for money...

I am using supagrease from poundland on mine at the moment. :D

IT's a PTFE lube and against rockoil chainlube I'd chose the poundland stuff anytime.

Just remember to oil up fairly frequently and as it's cheap you never mind doing a really through job. OH yesh and wipe underneath the chainguard as well I help it reduces weight a bit! :blink:

• Admin

Yeah i use the windsor wurth stuff, its excellent... but it still gets a little spray over my wheel :angry: unless im putting too much on though, but by far the best ive used out of about 4 that have been recommended to me

Just bite the bullet and buy a scottoiler they cost a few quid but makes life so much easier and theres no mess just keep an eye on the reservoir

Yeah the Wurth (Dry) chain lube is good because it doesn't fling, But my Chain is now rusty, it might just be me by not putting it on often enough, but i never have any problems with the lube i use to use ( yoshimoto - kin good chain lube) :) well my chain never rusted but that stuff does fling like fook :)

I want to get a scottoiler but i'm a little worried about installing it.

That's the type of reaction I've heard most people say about the stuff......but appearantly, it keeps the sand outta the chain pretty well on my friend's Banshee. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know that stuff you drain out of your engine every couple of thousand miles......try that. Not only does it lube your chain, if it does fling off, its easier to clean up as it doesn't go rock hard like wax, and a bit of recycling aint a bad thing. I,ve used old engine oil for ages. You do have to lube more often, but its cheaper than the fancy waxes. Good quality gear oil is an alternative too. :)

• 5 weeks later...

hi,

im new to this forum,

my reccomendation for cheapness and effectiveness,

is to buy a cheap second hand chain-oiler lube system from ebay,

these can be run on standard engine oil,

increases chainlife,

just top up the bottle

and away you go..

steve