Barmy EU plans

NEV
This post is 4563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me and a mate will be at Gordano Services - Red XJ6 and a Black Busa. NotAvon, Bristol and North Somerset MAG will be there.

Bring it on.

M5 northbound seems clear, but M5 southbound has severe congestion, due to roadworks at j25, near Taunton, diversions in place,as slip roads closed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M5 northbound seems clear, but M5 southbound has severe congestion, due to roadworks at j25, near Taunton, diversions in place,as slip roads closed

It's going northbound > M5 > M4 > M32 (gonna be fun on the 2-lane 32!!!!! mwahaha)

It's going northbound > M5 > M4 > M32 (gonna be fun on the 2-lane 32!!!!! mwahaha)

Managed to pull these webcam stills of your route pilninggas, not brilliant but get a rough idea I suppose.

1m5j181312.png

2portishead1307.png

3m5j181312.png

4avonmouthm5j181317.png

5m4j201327.png

6m32j191332.png

7m32j21335.png

8m32j21337.png

9m32j21342.png

Hope all made it back o.k

Rode to Leicester M1 Services, southbound and came across this

m11.jpg

m12.jpg

m13.jpg

A couple of hundred bikes. I was getting worried as I didn't see one other riding down there. Left at one and chugged along in lanes 1 & 2. I went down to J19 and most carried on. Coming back the traffic was chocker from J19 to J20. Did see the northbound group and about 50 bikes in that. Lots of people on the motorway bridges too. It reminded me of riding away from Le Mans after the 24 Hour race.

Well worth doing.

About 200+ set off from the M2 services and took control of both lanes.A few dickhead car drivers decided to take the hard shoulder,but were soon boxed in :)

Was at stracathro " A90 , about 300 bikes , split north/south. , at times it was 25mph,,, boring,, lots of support from lorries & thumbs :thumb:up from cagers too

nice. me and a mate went to m8/m9 services in stirling scotland and thre was quite a few there as well unfortunately i coouldnt ride on mway but me an ma mate headed on the a roads back to kinross to see if anyone was returning back there, only saw a couple o bikes but 1 of them told us there was at least 1000 bikers earlier nice result and was glad to be a small part of it :)

Great pictures NEV, we blocked up all 3/4 lanes of the M5, at 30mph, we then split up and the group I was with rode further up the M5. Was a bit hairy at the end and the mob dispersed. My mate and me watched all of the cars roll through slowly.

Great fun in the outside lane at 30mph.

What needs to happen now is for this to happen every 2 weeks until further notice.

I doth my cap to all riders (be it yam, kawa, harley MZ, custom, trike, lambretta or whatever) for showing true unity.

Noticed there was more on the BBC news tonight about the Spanish protesting about bullfighting ending, than about the mass bike ride nationwide but hey ho, judging by most of the different bike forums, a fair few turned out for it too.

Some good pics of some of the meets on this old school Suzuki forum, just in case theres some in here that may be in some of the pics.(about page 7ish)

http://forum.oldskoo...?num=1313576574

And a couple of youtube vids

Keele M6 services

Keele M6 south

M1 j30 Tibshelf Services

Donington Services to Leicester Forest East

Good turn out at Donington Services adjacent to M1 junction 24. Rode south to Leicester Forest services, all 3 lanes 20 to 25 mph, no problems. Pissed it down coming back though

Wish I knew you were going. I went south from Leicester Forrest. I could have easily ridden up to Donnington and ridden that one.

In case anyone want the full impact official stuff here. LINKY

M1 Leicester Forest East

DDT & Neversaydie, is this your lot?

Hi Nev,

Yep, the first vid is. A little before I go there by the looks of the number of bikes. I took my photos to the left of where the vid was shot. I thought I saw a hearse but can't be sure, Just sat on the mound and had a fag or two. There were some interesting looks from the caravanners as we were in the lorry/caravan park. Didn't do more than 30 all the way.

Here's a link to the govt's consulation paper http://www.dft.gov.u...ons/dft-2011-26

It looks as though they oppose some of the measures though not all. It invites you to comment on the proposals...

This also makes an interesting read:

I was just about to link to the consultation paper, but clarkegray beat me to it. Interesting to note that the paper states existing bikes will not be affected in any way by these proposals. (Look at the q&a section). So all this talk about bikes over 7 years old being banned from cities is it seems to me to be a load of old bollocks. This is not to say there aren't things to complain about, but I for one would like to keep reality and fantasy separate. :crazy:

A couple more vids from 25th Sept,

Either the forum or Youtube only allows two vids per post

Exeter M5 North run

Lee Mills A38 run to Exeter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK9vppXGIfQ&feature=player_detailpage