How much??? You having a laugh???

vic-fzr600
This post is 4576 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been having few starter motor issues recently.

While an auto-spark friend tries to repair my starter, I phoned my local Honda agent to price a replacement.

I nearly choked when I was quoted £615+vat = £738 !!!

Needless to say I passed.

That's a mental price.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah he's pulling your plonker vic, should've gone to specsavers mate and phoned the yamaha agent :P

Lol, makes me kinda miss the Fizzer & it's cheap spares compared to the Honda!

Mind you, I've done 10 times more mileage in a year on the Honda than i covered in 2 years on the Yams....

Went through the same thing myself earlier on this year with Honda. £991 + VAT plus fitting at £65 per hour, prob about five hours work. Invested £22 in a Haynes manual and sourced a recon part for less than £200 and it took me three weekends on and off. Reckon I saved about £1500 quid in the end and it taught me that I can do certain jobs on my bikes.

Aye Vic,,,,hang on to ya old starter,,,,i know a boy who does em up------ie,recondition them

Hows da aul V twin goin for ya ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 500cc per cylinder,,,,,,great eh !

Oh I'm wise enough to hold onto it alright.

Must admit I love the twin. Looks good, sounds good, smooth enough to cruise on yet I've also embarrassed manys an accountant in their Porsche!!

Been quite reliable so far too which was the main thing as I commute every day on it.

Was good value at the price I paid too

I'm headed out later today with my dad & a bike club. It's an event my dad arranges each year, meant to be for pre-1945 bikes, I go to help marshall. Dad will be on the Velocette (great bike to ride!)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online