DT 125 Problem

Richie_31
This post is 4585 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone! I encountered hard starting with my DT even when the engine is warm. Everytime i check the plug, it's wet. Replacing with dry plug will easily start. I observed a weak spark so i replaced the source coil (reading is 150 ohms). The new source coil has a reading of 420 ohms. Now, i can easily start her but the problem is, she give me a little bit rough ride especially on 3000rpm and rough deceleration from 4K rpm and up to 3K rpm. Idle is ok but unstable. At first start, she gave me 2K rpm idle but after a test run, it will drop to 1k rpm so i need to adjust again. I cleaned the carb, even replace the pilot jet and main jet but it's still the same. It's like a sort of timing problem. Is there a way I can adjust the timing? I'm just wondering, before I have a nice ride with her but after i changed the source coil its different. I tried to reinstall the old one but it can no longer start the bike. Is this an electrical problem? Data for my electrical system are as follows:

Source coil - 420 ohms (new), 150 ohms (old)

Ignition Coil

Primary - 1 ohm

Secondary - 5K ohms

Pulse coil - 9 ohms

Plug cap - replaced with new one

Plug - NGK B8ES

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi babes. Have you checked that the timing plate is moving? Ive been reading up on DT125/175 starting problems and broken/ loose Woodruff keys seem to keep reoccuring... I think you can remove the casing to get to the Rotor and peek behind it at the timing plate to check its not moved.

Just a thought.

Xxx

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online