USING YOUR HELMET

Mallory1
This post is 4463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering what etiquette you all adhere to when passing another human being on 2 wheels. I'm still amazed at the friendliness of some bikers who would acknowledge you in the midst of a force 10 gale while others give the impression you've kicked their cat, stolen their wallet and slept with their wife!

And what about those mopeds ? Do they ignore us bikers out of fear or some odd inverted snobbery ???? :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above unless at a meet as my head would fall off. I only see around 4 other bikers a day so that is good in this respect.

Always nod.

It's just polite and good manners, if nothing else!!

always nod, sometimes wave, occasionaly flash lights,

cos im such a nice guy, :yay: or maybe an attention seeker, :tantrum: hey im over here fuckwit.

Yep I'm a nodder big time. The only exception I make is to the 16 year olds on their twist and go's. A 16 year old on something thats one down and five up is different though for some reason! Go figure

Im 21 and on L-plates, running a dt125,

The flash gits on there flash super-sports dont nod, i do for laughs :) , everyone else does thou

Put it down to the L-plate i guess

Wasnt there a Cartoon character called "Noddy"

He nodded at everyone :yes:

I nod at bikers.

Not at scooters though. I had a scooter back in the day, so I know how they think.

I wave at harley riders though, just because it's fun because you won't get any responce back from them.

(still even now I've got a nearly cruiser!)

Like Acid drop, i think the BMW. / harley brigade , think thier superior, :shakeno: ,,, i find mopeds & learners are shy to the waving, i give them a nod too.

Wasnt there a Cartoon character called "Noddy"

He nodded at everyone :yes:

Why have elephants got big ears......................................................Because Noddy wont pay the ransom!

Old joke, for old folk. Sorry.

Nod to as many as I can, even the scoots

Scoots dont rrsond at all, apart from the finger.

Power rangers, rarely

Harleys, occaisionally.

I reckon its an age related thing, hence I link it to manners

Yeah - I agree. It really is for the most part a question of manners. Still - it's hard not to feel like a bit of a pleb when another bikers seems to totally ignore you :icon_redface: