My DT100

rh-dt100
This post is 1670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ya fker" an original untouched DT100, do not sell it ,, most have been turned into field bikes , a real beaut.. :spin2:

Ya fker" an original untouched DT100, do not sell it ,, most have been turned into field bikes , a real beaut.. :spin2:

Yes, too good to let it go. Only 12k on the clock. A few problems to sort (carb & charge fault) but it got its MOT last week.

One of the most durable bikes of 70s I've ever known. How's the problem rh? Did you fixed her up?

Hi. So far i have replaced both tyres and battery. The air cleaner element had turned to dust, i tracked down a genuine part in Holland. The carb had 20 year old petrol in it and has taken some cleaning to make it run. The front fork seals needed changing along with the kick start oil seal. It now runs and now has a mot. I took it out on the road for the first time in over 30 years last weekend. It has a couple of issues. One it will not pick up and run at high revs under load.I have removed and cleaned the exhaust by burning out the carbon. result, no change. I have now sent the carb for a re build. The other problem is not charging the battery. This results in the turn indicators not flashing. no idea where to start with this one.

not charging the battery. . no idea where to start with this one.

Soarse coil, lighting coil, are still availible from time to time,, on flea bay,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, Just posting here as I don't know anywhere else. I recently purchased a 1979 Yamaha DT-100, The VIN and Engine numbers are *13A000002 If I'm not mistaken. (Not at home so can't check) It appears to have been used as a trials bike but by the looks of the wiring has been re-wired in the last few years. Overall impressions look good. Superficial rust on the chrome wheels, almost none on the frame. The exhaust is rusted through in several places so i s beyond repair.

I was wondering if anyone would care to share with me any advice about rebuilding the bike as I have little experience in the area, However is something I am very interested in. The VIN appears to be very unusual, does anyone know anything about it?

Regards to all,

Kevin-Andrew

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have this same bike it was left to rot in a barn its going to take a lot of time and money to bring this beauty back to life but I cant wait to do it can you send me the link for the places you bought the parts from please it would be greatly appreciated

Hey Guys, Just posting here as I don't know anywhere else. I recently purchased a 1979 Yamaha DT-100, The VIN and Engine numbers are *13A000002 If I'm not mistaken. (Not at home so can't check) It appears to have been used as a trials bike but by the looks of the wiring has been re-wired in the last few years. Overall impressions look good. Superficial rust on the chrome wheels, almost none on the frame. The exhaust is rusted through in several places so i s beyond repair.

I was wondering if anyone would care to share with me any advice about rebuilding the bike as I have little experience in the area, However is something I am very interested in. The VIN appears to be very unusual, does anyone know anything about it?

Regards to all,

Kevin-Andrew

hi Kevin im having the same issues cant find the vin number down to some issues i hope that i can sort it if you find any answers to this problem we both seem to have please msg me

Hi stingy " the V.I.N. number is on the headstock,,,it may be painted over,, rub with emry ,it should appear,

The DT100 is the only DT i have never owned [ twinshocks that is] i always thought the seat looked too big in proportion to the rest of the bike, scroll up and see ,, :eusa_think:

Hi stingy " the V.I.N. number is on the headstock,,,it may be painted over,, rub with emry ,it should appear,

The DT100 is the only DT i have never owned [ twinshocks that is] i always thought the seat looked too big in proportion to the rest of the bike, scroll up and see ,, :eusa_think:

Nah! John your wrong! it's the tank too small that's the problem :razz:

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online