New to biking :)

dangermat
This post is 4583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

Just bought a TW125 after nearly 8 years of waiting, picking it up monday and doing my cbt next week just wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on the cbt or my bike?

Thanks Mat

hi mat,take a minute or two to just look through the highway code,it's not there to make life difficult for us,seriously...try and relax and enjoy your riding...best of luck,pip.

:welcome: we don't have the CBT here in N Ireland but a good friend is taking his road test this week and is understandably nervous- it really is a matter of confidence and reminding yourself that you are up to the job .... good luck!!

Hi Mat

Well after eight years of waiting you don't want to go rushing in unprepared! As previously mentioned, the highway code is your friend. If my memory serves me correct, the CBT was all about balance and control for the most part and then finished off with a nice gentle ride around some quiet roads. On your tight turns, keep your revs up and don't let the bike stall or over you go. It easily done. I did it many years after passing my test. One of the biggest things the instructor looks out for is your "lifesaver" glances. A quick nod over your left shoulder so to speak. He/she will be looking out for them as you are slowing down approaching junctions/traffic lights etc and again when you are setting off. You really can't underestimate the importance of that glance in the millisecond it takes. It does make you safer.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :)