xj600 raise

gezzer6447
This post is 3487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i started a topic about this before, but im not sure i completely explained what i wanted :o

Ive got an xj600 95 plate, and i want to raise the back end to make it look more of a streetfighter. Only problem is, i cant find any kits to achieve this, is there another shock from a different bike that i could use? or does someone know another way?

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the suspension uses "dog bones" to adjust the ride height, get some longer ones made? I'm sure they must be available from somewhere? Otherwise, I wouldn't know, really. I assume you've trawled the web?

• 2 weeks later...

Its Shorter Dog Bones you want not longer, very easy to make you can buy the flat bar from B&Q. Just shorten by 10mm will raise the back a lot.

Adam.

D'oh. Yes, shorter, of course... :crazy:

If I remember correctly, it's not on dog bones (at least mine wasn't). The shock just went straight from the frame to the swingarm. I used to have a list of shock lengths / eye sizes. I'll see if I can find it and post it on here.

• 2 years later...

I don't mean to jack this thread to send you to another forum, but you can find all that info on XJRider.com. there are several other shocks that swap in, and a few that will raise the rear. Plus, there's several projects where people have rebuilt the rear subframe to make it more street-fighter height.

Sorry mate but LOOK AT THE DATE 2011 pretty sure the subject is well sorted by now!

This post is 3487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.