SRX400 electrical problems...

Filligree
This post is 4591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I recently bought a 1995 import SRX400 (at 33bhp, it's perfect for my pesky restricted licence, and my lack of height), and have been using it to commute happily to work, as well as taking it for a trip to the Isle of Man in June. A couple of weeks ago I went to the bike after a heavy rain storm to head home after work (it sits outside at work, but inside the garage at home), only to find that for no apparent reason the battery was flat - all the idiot lights, but not enough to start the engine. So, swapped the battery for my other half's CBR600 battery (which is identical), it fired up, and off we went.

This morning, I got it out of the garage, turned on the ignition, pressed the start button, and got not so much as the start motor noise before the entire bike went dark. So, turned the ignition off, then on again a couple of times without any response, tried again and got power, pressed the start button and the same thing happened again. I've hunted round the 'net for similar problems, but this seems to be a new one.

Can anyone help me shed any light on this please?

Filligree

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you checked all your earths? If you have a bad earth then sparking to and from the earth connection can drain your battery and stop it charging efficiently

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online